Thursday, 12 July 2012

CASology #1

EDITED :  HONORABLE MENTION AT CASology.  Here is the comment from Rosemary - "What struck me about Lai-Yoke's entry for the challenge was how "out of the box" she was in creating her card. Her creativity in working with what she had to create a card to fit the challenge just blew me away! And it is really cute, too!"
***********************************************************************************

I know I should be packing now instead of making cards but I just can't resist this new challenge over at CASology


"SUN" - the sun is beginning to peep now after a heavy shower and storm last night.  I don't have any stamps related to sun but I had to challenge myself to make one which is closest to this theme.  TaNA.... I used twine and rolled them up in a circle and used the HA Everyday Sentiment which I have cut them into pieces.  I used the word "sunshine" as the rays of the sun and added machine stitched for a little bit extras.   I am also entering this card into CAS-ual Fridays.

Thanks for you for your lovely comments.


21 comments:

onecraftymama said...

Oh! Super clever, Lai-Yoke! Love those little clouds, but the twine sun & the stitching are really fabulous :) Now go pack already ;)

Ardyth said...

So clever - love all the interest and texture you've put into this perfectly CAS creation! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Lin said...

LOVE it, Lai-Yoke! Very well thought out!

Lisa said...

Lai Yoke- again the word "clever" comes to mind! You are so creative!! Love how you stitched the rays and used the twine for the center- awesoem card!!
Your weather sounds a lot like ours! TONS of rain- total opposite of last summer when we were in drought!

Cat's sCrap said...

Fabulous sun ! Can you tell it to come to spend the summer in France ? Magnificent design. Bravo !

Hug from France.
Catherine.

Tracey McNeely said...

I think that your sun is so creative done with the twine And the words for the sun beams. Fantastic! Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week!

Angie Tieman said...

What a great card! Love the creative way you used the twine and text here! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

Kara Lynne said...

I love that beautiful sun idea! The middle sentiment with the rays coming out really makes a statement!

Rosemary said...

your card is absolutely brilliant, lai yoke!! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!!

Lisa A. said...

Wonderful design, wonderful card:)!! Thanks for joining the fun this week and sharing your creativity at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

Annette said...

wow this is amazing...I love how you used the twine and added the rays with the sentiment...this is super clever and I love it....

Julie Day said...

Love how you made this sunshine! Awesome design :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jenny said...

Now that's a clever way to use stamps and twine to make a sunny card, wonderful CAS design :0)
Thanks for getting crafty with us at CASual Fridays :0)
Jenny x

Melissa said...

How creative! I'd seen twine used for lollipops, but this is the first I've seen it used to create a sun! LOVE it! :) Thank you so much for joining us at CASology!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Fabulous idea to have the text used in the design as well as convey the sentiment!

Emily Leiphart said...

You're so creative, Lai Yoke! I love the stitches around the rays!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--fab-u-lus! Wonderful creative card, Lai-Yoke!

Brenda said...

I love how you made your sun Lai-Yoke, especially the rays!

Jen W. said...

This is adorable, Lai-Yoke! I love the sunshine you created especially the stitching along the rays. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Monika Reeck said...

woow dear Lai Yoke this is really clever...Adorable card dear...suka ini.. :) hugs

Elizabeth Allan said...

Congrats on your honorable mention!!