Monday, 17 September 2012

Train Journey

Today is such a gloomy day hardly with any sunshine and so dark which it quite depressing but luckily the card making is able to keep me busy and away from the darkness which also brought me to make this colourful card for today.

Have you challenged yourself by using a holiday stamps and convert it into a non-holiday card?  If you are looking for a challenge, do pop over at Hero Arts for this month challenge.  It will make you cracked your head for a little while.



For this challenge I used christmas stamp from HA Holiday Trees and Past Times to make a one-layer card.  First I distressed the background in different colours and let it dry.  The train is first stamped and then I masked the trees and heat embossed them in black. 

This scene has brought me back to my childhood when I had to travel home between Singapore to Malaysia during school holidays.  I always looked forward to this trip although it was a long and slow journey but knowing that there is someone over at the other end to fetch me made everything worth.

Thank you for dropping by!

7 comments:

Elizabeth Allan said...

Lai-Yoke this scene makes one dream of trips of the past and the ones yet to come! Love how the train is emerging from the tunnel of trees.

joy said...

Hi, Lai-Yoke! I love this scene you have created - Great masking and a very clever one-layer card.

Thank you for all your sweet comments in my blog!

Cat's sCrap said...

Wonderful realization. Successful graphic effect. Fabulous embossing. Bravo !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Annette said...

wow wee Lai-Yoke this is totally stunning...all those colors are amazing and that embossed image is perfect...love it

Barb said...

Such a clever pairing of stamps, Lai-Yoke! Beautiful card!

Greta said...

Beautiful card, Lai-Yoke! Love the colors & your story!

onecraftymama said...

That would be a long trip! I love the scene you created, GORGEOUS colours, and clever masking!