Monday, 8 October 2012

Lawnscaping Challenge #43

***EDITED : I'M A HONORABLE GNOME ***

******************************************************************************************

Good Monday to all!  Hope everyone had a good weekend and had great fun with WCMD! I had a busy weekend with my DH's company's family day where we went to an amusement park in Belgium which was about 2 hours drive from home.  I only went on two rides which was nothing and I kept asking myself where have my guts went to especially when one did bunjee jumping before!  Anyway, we rounded up the evening  with a nice dinner at a french restaurant where I had a delicious beef stew pot cooked with Belgium guiness beer.


Today's card is all about texture at Lawnscaping Challenge.  I recycled my carton from a cookie box which I transformed it into a frame for this card.  The santa hats were stamped in black, heat embossed and colored with distress inks and added some glitters on the white part.  I also added a red cardstock behind the white cardstock to give a little bit more depth.  The sentiment is from HA and I added twine on the letter "O".  

Thank you for dropping by!





9 comments:

Barb said...

I love the texture from your cookie box carton, Lai-Yoke - what a clever idea! The pink Santa hats are adorable and I love the fun way you used the twine! Adorable card! :)

Greta said...

Your creativity never ceases to amaze me, Lai-Yoke! this is wonderful! Your day trip sounds fabulous, too!

Annette said...

oh this is just too cute...love it

brenda said...

What wonderful creativity Lai-Yoke, great texture with the corrugated and 'o' in the sentiment.

B x

onecraftymama said...

SO MUCH TEXTURE! I love it! Especially that little twine candy O :)
I love the sound of your day trip, too - I don't think I'll ever get used to how 'small' Europe is! In two hours either way from our house we would still be within the same 2 provinces.

Melissa Shea said...

So fun! What a great way to incorporate texture! I love the sparkle on the Santa hats! Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Melissa Shea said...

So fun! What a great way to incorporate texture! I love the sparkle on the Santa hats! Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Christiana said...

Absolutely love this cute, cute card. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Tamara said...

I love your super cute card!
Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping
xx Tamara