Sunday, 25 November 2012

Snowmen

Sorry that I have not been here for a while due to the decision if I should upgrade my blog to a monthly paid package.  I would like to thank to all with the useful advice which I received with regards to this.

DH wanted to take an extra measure as to the fact that if we are paying monthly with the credit card and was worried of how we could stop the payment if we need to.  So he spent the Sunday morning googling for me of what is the safest way for us and at the same time to keep me happy with this blog world.  He found out that the best way is to re-size all pictures before uploading onto the blog.  I sincerely hope that it works and not just a month thing....

Here is the link which I used to resized my pictures.  Although it involves several steps before you could upload onto your blog, the uploading time after re-sizing is much shorter as compared to the original pixels. Please let me know if you have further questions on the uploading procedures (not that I am an expert now), please feel free to write to me.

Anyway, back to the card business.  I noticed that at the moment the best way to make christmas cards is in batch now as we are coming very close to the festive season.







I've gone crazy with acetate lately.  This time I used coloured glossy papers for the set and added some glitters too.  The snowman is my new set from Hero Arts which comes with die cuts as well.

I am entering this set into the following challenges : Penny Black and More and Hero ArtsYoung Crafters Unite

Thank you for dropping by and wishing you a lovely day!

11 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

Adorable!! I really love the sparkle from the embossed hat, and what a clever idea to have the the snowman line up with the inside. Love it!

Barb said...

Lai-Yoke, this is such a cute set! Love the non-traditional colors you used and the acetate makes them so special! :)

Vivien Quay said...

Hi,

I find this helpful and convenient!
" FastStone Photo Resizer"

You can resize your photo according to the percentage you want. Usually i cut it down to 50%.

Your cards are so professional looking! very nice!

Lin said...

Very smart to make multiples of Christmas cards, Lai-Yoke! Love how these turned out! And thanks so much for that link.....

linda said...

hi lai-yoke, these are sooo adorable! a really cute snowman and a great design. thank you so much for playing along with our 'any die will do' theme at penny black and more challenge this month.
linda

Annette said...

oh my word..these are just the cutest..I LOVE THEM..so adorable and cute.. Great design my friend..

Greta said...

You're an absolute pro at acetate, Lai-Yoke! Love this set!

joy said...

Very professional looking cards, Lai-Yoke! Glad you figured out the whole blogger thing; your photos look great!

Hilde van Rijnsoever said...

Super leuk effect is dat toch met accetate! Goed dat je wat hebt ingeslagen op de kreadoe! Ik moet dat ook eens gaan doen, maar ben er niet zo goed in om op zo'n gladde ondergrond te stempelen!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh! These are just adorable! Love the clear card fronts.

Marie / Legojenta said...

Great cards, so fun with the snowman inside too =) Thanks for joining our YCU challenge!