Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Stamptacular Challenge #192

Have you ever came across when you thought that you made a mistake but it turned out to be good?  This is what happened to this card.  I stamped the PB Sundial in black and heat embossed.  I distressed the Sundial first in worn lipstick followed by aged mahogony and by mistake festive berries.  Surprisingly, the festive berries gave such an intense red to the whole flower that it gave me a "WOW" factor!  I sprayed the sundial with glimmer mist.

As for the second layer behind the red Sundial, using the same stamp it is stamped on the vellum and heat embossed in white.  The sentiment is from HA Greatest Gift which is also stamped on the vellum and heat embossed on white.




My card is inspired from photo challenge at Stamptacular Sunday.                                                              As this is a holiday card, I am also entering this into Penny Black and MoreYoung Crafters UniteJingle Belles

15 comments:

brenda said...

A wonderful take on the inspiration Lai-Yoke and such a totally elegant card.

B x

Jessi Fogan said...

My goodness that red is so rich! Absolutely stunning on the white :)And I love the vellum for the sentiment.

Cat's sCrap said...

Wonderful ! Everything in simplicity. Red and white : i like ! Beautiful embossing. Bravo !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

joy said...

Absolutely breahtaking, Lai-Yoke! I think this is the most beautiful Christmas card I've seen online this season. The reds you've used are so deep and rich - just fabulous!!

Barb said...

Happy mistakes are the BEST! Your flower is gorgeous, Lai-Yoke! Love the vellum layer! Fabulous card!

Annette said...

this is stunning... I love your coloring and the red just pops.. I love it... The embossed background is perfect...

Greta said...

WOW is right! I immediately pinned this gorgeous card, Lai-Yoke! One of my all-time favorites!

JUDI GOBELI said...

LAI-YOKE, This card is absolutely GORGEOUS. Ilooked at some of your earlier work and you are so talented. Keep up the good work and TFS>
With Love Judi

Danielle C said...

Such an elegant take on the inspiration photo! I love the sentiment on the vellum, the fun ribbon and the elegant pearls. Beautiful! Thanks for joining the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
Danielle:)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Beautiful elegance of the rich reds paired with the embossed white cardstock!

Suzanne said...

just beautiful, simple and stunning, works great with our photo inspiration too thanks you for joining us at stamptacular this week

Martha said...

WOW...WOW...WOW...this is simply GORGEOUS, Lai-Yoke! The flower is SO STRIKING, and the vellum and pearls are the perfect finishing touches! Love the fabulous sentiment!

brenda said...

I do this so often Lai-Yoke, rush off to look at your work then totally for get the thank you for joining in the challenge.

So belatedly I'm so pleased to see you at Penny Black and More challenge again this month.

B x

Ellie said...

A really beautiful card. Gorgeous color combo and love the use of vellum!
So glad you shared with us at penny black and more!

Shirley said...

Hello Lai-Yoke.
It is so nice to see you back with us again for another challenge at Penny Black and More.
Whenever your name pops up I know I shall see a beautiful card. I love the rich red against the embossed background and the sentiment and pearls finish it off beautifully.
Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us and we hope you will join us next month too.

Shirley