Sunday, 27 January 2013

PS Cool Shades Challenge 21-27 Jan

****  WAS FEATURED IN PAPER ISSUES ****


It's cool shade challenge over at Paper Smooches Sparks this week and as usual the time for submission will elapse in 15 hours' time.   I am submitting not only one but two cards today.  I guess because I have been so busy last weeks that I have no chance to make any cards and now I just wanted to make two cards.


I was making this card yesterday evening till 11 pm.  I love how the frame turned out as I stamped the clouds 8 times and how I wished that there is a matching die cut with it.  Stamped one birdie in fuchia cardstock and did a reverse stamping on the teal cardstock.  The hats on both birdie were paper pieced and I just can't leave out the google eyes! The sentiment is from Unity Stamp.



My second card is great for a guy who loves tv!!  There are two colours for the base card which are halved.  Very simple card but with lots of halves! The third tv is paper pieced with an embossed chevron on the teal cardstock.  I am entering this card into All Sorts ChallengePaper IssuesSimon Says Stamps



The snow has been good that it stayed for more then two weeks until today, it rained and half of the snow were gone already.  Temperature has shoot up immediately to plus 3 degrees celcius and by the end of this week it will even go up to 10!!  I think I am looking forward to the spring weather already.

There were so much snow that the kids had fun playing with the snow and built an igloo.


Claire was trying to crawl backward into the igloo.  I was quite impressed that they managed to build such a big igloo that one could actually sit inside.



Thank you for dropping by and wishing you a lovely day!


17 comments:

Annette said...

how fun your kids made an igloo... I so miss the snow...great pictures..your cards are awesome.. I really love the first one..love how you made the frame with the clouds...so clever...this is for sure to win...

Hope you are enjoying your weekend.. :)

Barb said...

What fun photos of your kids, Lai-Yoke! Looks like they really enjoyed the snow! Love your adorable cards! Such cute images and bright colors!

Jessi Fogan said...

That igloo IS impressive! And man, your kids are beautiful :)
Love both your cards - especially the chevron embossing inside the TV! Super clever!

Wendy L said...

Great cards and I love the colours, and the googly eyes. xx thanks for joining us at Allsorts. xxx

Kanan Pandya said...

Hey Lai-Yoke, great cards, love both of them. The cloud frame is super cute and the tvs looks so great. Your kids are very cute n love that igloo too. :-)

Terri E. said...

I am so jealous of the snow! We live in norther IL and nothing. Back to the cards, tons of fun. Way to rock the PS sparks challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Terri E. said...

I am so jealous of the snow! We live in norther IL and nothing. Back to the cards, tons of fun. Way to rock the PS sparks challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

catherine said...

Great work and thanks for joining in with my challenge this week over at Allsorts
x catherine

Lin said...

Such a fun post today, Lai Yoke! Love seeing the pictures of your kids, and your paper-pieced card is so cute with the cloud border! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

Morag said...

The cloud frame is so cute! But I loved the igloo shots... took me back to my childhood in Manitoba, Canada :-)

Kailash said...

Your kids are so adorable Lai-Yoke, they look like they are having so much fun in and out of the igloo:-)
Your cards are just so cute, great frame with the clouds, love the tv card too!!!

Greta said...

What cute kids & looks like they were having so much fun! Your creativity is in full swing again! The first card is adorable! I keep meaning to try reverse stamping, but still haven't done it. The birthday card is so retro & perfect for a guy--love it!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER SUPER cute cards! LOVE the cloud border and those eyes for the birdies on your first card! LOVE the two toned TVs on the second!! Great use of our colors!!! THANKS for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS Cool Shades challenge! Hope you play along with our Picture Perfect challenge this week:) <3

ps...looks like your kids had a FAB time playing in the snow!!!

ps2... I'm sorry my links are still not working on my blog/sale page. It looks like I'm going to have to start over! I am hoping to have all the links done before this weekend! :(

Craftnut said...

Looks like you had fun in the snow, thanks for joining us at Allsorts Tracy x

Hilde van Rijnsoever said...

Ahhh, die vogel kaart is echt leuk! Wat een grappig effect met die wolkjes rand! Het spiegel stempelen heeft ook goed uitgepakt! Top!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Great cards Lai-Yoke! The cloud frame is fabulous and I love the google eye accents. The two-tone effect of the televisions is creatively modern and a terrific color combination.

Patricia Roebuck said...

These cards are just adorable!!