Sunday, 20 January 2013

DD #36

Have not been playing at The Dynamic Duos for quite sometime now and I love the theme of this week as I am planning to send more cards to Cards from the Heart Card Drive

Unfortunately, it's dark at this hour and I could not capture the redness of my card.  Pretty simple direct card to make which involves a couple of layers of border punch to make 3/4 of the front panel and the top embossing is from SU.  The sentiment is from Unity Stamp which is heat embossed in white on a black cardstock. I also added a belt loop on my polka dots ribbon.  

As this is a Valentine card, I am also submitting this card to Penny Black at All SortsPurple Onions Designs




Hope everyone is enjoying your Sunday.  Last Tuesday, we had about 15cm of snow and the temperature remains below freezing point and today we had more snow again - 10cm.  Although the temperature is -5 degrees celcius but with the wind coming from the east it felt like -10 degrees celcius.  

Despite the cold, DH and I went for an hour walk and took a couple of shots.  


All the ducks were rushing to us the moment we were coming close to them as they thought that we had food for them - poor ducks!  On left hand side, the swan was chasing away the duck as it thought that we brought some food for them!

I am working fulltime again this week which means that I will have little time to make card but I hope to be able to sneak in at least one.  Thank you for sweet comments and wishing you a lovely day!



10 comments:

joy said...

Gorgeous card! Love the layers and the embossing!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful wintery photos with us! So-o-o-o pretty!

Jessi Fogan said...

It's good to know that swans are the same the world over - my boys always lecture the swans about being bullies, lol! We had 10 cm yesterday, and today? Up to +8C and now it's gone. Very strange!
I love the look of the punched layers - so lacy! - and the embossing on the top is so crisp. Really pretty!

Annette said...

wow wee fabulous card.. I LOVE IT and I love all that snow..so pretty..it is in the 80's here in CA..

brenda said...

Another stunning entry for our 'Love is in the Air' theme Lai-Yoke, as is always case with your cards so much inspiration.

It's lovely to see you at Penny Black and More challenge I again this month, thanks so much for joining in.

Beautiful photographs of the landscape, we too have snow now and quite a lot of it and all our local schools are closed today.

Keep warm my friend.

B x

laughadaisy said...

Beautiful photos, and beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos. ;-)

Deanna Jean said...

Love all that texture. So pretty. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

linda said...

i love the embossing and rows of flowers and the red, black and white are so bright and perfect for a valentine card. thanks so much for sharing another gorgeous creations with us at penny black and more this month. the pics are very nice and it looks just like the snow we got hit with today.
linda

Christina Barnes said...

Oh I just love those rows of flowers, gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Dynamic Duos. And thanks for sharing your photos too, it is lovely to see some snow, we have been having such hot weather here in Australia.

susiestacey said...

Beautiful card and lovely photo's too.
Thank you for joining the 'Love is in the Air' Challenge over at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan

Greta said...

Beautiful pictures, Lai-Yoke! Black & red is a favorite of mine & I love the design of your card!