Monday, 11 February 2013

Lawnscaping Challenge #51

Hello everyone, hope you had a good weekend and getting ready for the rest of the week!



Valentine Day is in 3 days' time and I have a card using Lawn Fawn Critter Down Under to share with you today for  Lawnscaping Challenge.

I wanted something different and wonder if crocodiles ever do fall in love!  Why not?  On top of that, I am trying something new also by stamping the crocs on the washi tapes and heat embossed it.  Wah! la! It worked.  Then I did the reverse stamping which is more difficult to stick onto the washi tape but it worked although I had to use a marker to run thru the image. Then I came up with a hilarious idea that how I do differentiate a male and a female besides using colour scheme!

I have this set from The Alley Way Stamp Monsters Madness and decided to use only the mustache and added a twine for the female croc.  As for the banners, I also used the washi tapes to alternate the patterned and used the CB for the alphabets but as you can see, I used the boomerang from the set Critter Down Under as the alphabet "L".  This card also enters into Die Cut Divas and V Sweet Ideas




While typing this post, I had to giggle as it also eases my anger because something happened yesterday and I am still boiling inside!!!  I showed Claire and she had to giggle to!  If for any reason that you are not happy, I realised that sometimes making funny cards helps to ease my anger.  Hope this card will bring a smile on you today!

Thank you for dropping by and have a great day!

16 comments:

Hannah F said...

That is pretty funny and such a cute card! I love the use of the crocs! Thanks for playing along with us on the DCD blog.

joy said...

So very clever!!! And, so very adorable, too!

Cat's sCrap said...

Very original theme for a card of love. I like your humour ! Wonderful realization ! Bravo !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Kailash said...

Lai-Yoke your card is absolutely adorable, love the banner and the crocs who look so in love!!!:-)

Kanan Pandya said...

This is super cute, Lai-Yoke. Love the mustache, heheheee... love your card. :-)

Arlene said...

Such a fun filled card. Made me smile and chuckle... loved your story too.

So glad I got to visit your blog. Glad you joined the DCD blog challenge.

Greta said...

Hilarious indeed! Oh you did make me smile, Lai-Yoke! Creative genius here! Hoping that anger just fades away & you have a great rest of the week!

paula laird said...

Hi Lai-Yoke,
Your card is so cute! I am glad that it gave you a giggle. I think your crocodiles are just the sweetest. Thank you for playing along with us at Die Cut Diva's.

Jessi Fogan said...

Do crocodiles fall in love? The song "why do fools fall in love?" popped into my head, and now I'm singing it with 'crocs' instead of fools. LOL!
That mustache on the boy-croc is too funny & perfect :)
I'm sorry that you've had something so frustrating/angering that it's still bothering you. That's just crummy. I know I feel the same after taking a break to make something silly!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Fabulous Valentine's card! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping! Hugs, Karin

Christiana said...

Oh my word, HOW FUN!!! Love this. Too cute. Thanks so much for feeling the love with us this week at Lawnscaping!

Barb Ghig said...

I love your card...so unique and fun!!!

Dawn Turley said...

Made me giggle too Lai-Yoke. Great card. Thanks for joining us at DCD's

maria mcclure said...

very funny!I'm glad it cheered you up!

Cindy C. said...

Oh yeah it sure did made me smile! So fun!

gRiSeL™ said...

What a fun and adorable card! LOVE the banner and how you used the boomerang to make the L for "LOVE" - - Very clever! (; Thanks for playing along with us at V's Sweet Challenge! (: