Thursday, 7 March 2013

CASing Brenda

Brenda of Floral Fantasies is celebrating her 4th bloggaversary and also towards 4,000 followers!  To help her celebrate these two occasions, she has planned a little competition which is to case any of her cards style, blog header and many others.  If you like anything to do with butterflies, flowers, fairies and creating sceneries, you will get plenty of inspirations from her as I am always amazed with her work.

There are so many cards that I love and have decided to narrow down to three.  Initially, I wanted to do the yellow/ black or the pink cards because they are my style but decided against it because it's too much in my comfort zone.

 

So, I have opted something different which is the shabby shic style.

The pink base card is distressed in worn lipstick and barn door.  The manuscript background is from HA  and the sentiment is from Tim Holtz which are stamped in soft granite and smokey gray respectively.  The butterflies are all from HA Antique Engraving which are stamped in worn lipstick to keep the in line with the background colours.

As for the skirt, I used Waltzing Mouse Large Doily which is white heat embossed on vellum twice so as to make a two-layer skirt. The mannequin is lightly stamped in soft granite with the manuscript background and lightly distressed in ice spruce so that it doesn't look too "bare".  As Brenda added a pink ribbon on the waist because she has a black skirt, I decided to use a white rig rag to wrap around the waist.  The final touch for the mannequin is given a pinky necklace.

Brenda has made her own flower which I can't, so I cheated by using my indispensable cuttlebug to help me with this flower which is alternated with pink felt and white paper which give a little more texture to the whole.  The branch is from HA Floral Stamp and Die Cut.

On the whole, I am very very happy with the result and I think I should do more of this kind of style. Thank you, Brenda for the great inspirational work which you always share with us.

As always, thank you for your comments.


A quick peek on the double layer skirt

9 comments:

Annette said...

aww I love that you are doing shabby chic...this is really pretty...i love how you made her skirt... so pretty.. great job..

joy said...

Fabulous job with the shabby chic design, Lai-Yoke! I love your rendition!

brenda said...

Oh my Lai Yoke, what a fabulous take on that card, yet still maintaining some of your own unique style.

The embossed skirt looks so good and I might have to case that as it gives such a delicate finish and the texture of the flower adds so much extra interest to your card, something else I have never tried.

As you might guess I am totally thrilled that you have created such a lovely card and joined in with my blog celebration.

B x

Cat's sCrap said...

Very elegant card ! Fine and delicat work ! Bravo ! Congratulations !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Greta said...

May be outside your comfort zone, but wow--not outside your talent! This is a terrific CASE & all-together gorgeous card, Lai-Yoke!

Linda Pekrul said...

Love, love, love that vellum skirt! And such a gorgeous card! You are inspiring me to use some felt in some of projects!

SusanLotus said...

Your cards are wonderful!
All of them.

Happy relaxing weekend to you!
Susan

Jessi Fogan said...

I think you've done an amazing job venturing into the shabby zone! That SKIRT is dreamy :) Love the soft felt & the pretty butterflies, and of course the gems & pearls!

Monika Reeck said...

your shabby chic Style really lovely dear...I can say it is like what I always seen on blog...perfect dear..and can you Imagine today I made a card using that tinny butterfly too....we have the same set :) but the card not in my blog yet...wait till my Mama bday :) (it is a card for her :) )