Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Dynamic Duos #42

Happy Wednesday!  When I went to school on Monday,  after a 2 weeks break the kids were so happy to see me that I got hugs and kisses from them!  It gives such a nice feeling knowing that the children are happy to see me again.


Moving on to today's challenge at The Dynamic Duos Challenge and The Ribbon Girls, I made a gift box for  my colleague at school.  I stamped the doily from Waltzing Mouse in yellow twice on a white cardstock.  The white panel is embossed with a patchwork embossing folder.

A special sleeve is made for this box so that you don't need to re-tie the ribbon once it is opened so that receiver no need to fumble with tying the ribbon again.  All she needs to do is to slide the sleeve thru the box.  So I attached the card panel onto the sleeve instead onto the box itself.  As for the ribbon, I made a small little cut on the sleeve so that it was not necessary to go the full round.

I put in a few cards into the box.

I am entering this into the following challenge : The Paper Players (stitches, sewing) , All Sorts Challenge (for a lady)



The sleeve

I  received this from my student - I have never seen a banana dressed up as a pirate before.

Thank you for dropping by!


16 comments:

brenda said...

Such beautiful fresh bring light colours Lai-Yoke and what unimaginative gift from one of your students.

B x

joy said...

I love the clever way you made the sleeve to be removed from the box so easily. The dry embossing and the colors you have used are so pretty, too.

Cute pirate!!!

Ribbon Girl said...

great card (and I've also never seen a banana dressed as a pirate :-) thanks for joining in with The Ribbon Girl March Card Challenge to use ribbon or twine! Mary x

laughadaisy said...

Cute, cute pirate banana. ;-) I've never seen that before either! Your gift box is lovely. You've worked these colors beautifully. Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos. ;-)

Wendy L said...

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week. Your creation is very pretty, love that sleeve great idea. xxx

Jessi Fogan said...

Kids are great :) So honest, so you know they really did miss you! Such a cool gift box - and I love that pirate banana! I bet my kids would get a kick out of that for breakfast, lol :)

Cat's sCrap said...

Magnificent project. Wonderful embossing. Original design ! Bravo !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Lisa said...

I love that slide on box decor!! What a clever idea!
That banan is too cute! Sounds like you have some nice kids in your class :)

KayM said...

What a lovely card!! That is just so pretty! Love the embossing! And that pirate banana is pretty cute too!

amyoneillblog.com said...

This is a pretty card! I love the embossed details. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

What a great creation....very clever, and the embossing, images and ribbon are spring-fresh! Thanks for playing with my "stitchy" challenge this week! AND thanks for sharing the banana pirate...precious!

Justin said...

Perfect colors to get us ready for the warmer weather! Thank you very much for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

Greta said...

Wowzer--love every detail of that card, Lai-Yoke! Pinning it!

Deanna Jean said...

Beautiful! I love the ribbon you used..super fun and bright. I'm sure your colleague will love it. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

Helene E said...

What a wonderful project! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts and good luck in the challenge! And that's one cool banana =)

Kanan Pandya said...

Lovely gift box, Lai-Yoke, like all the summer colors. And you so lucky to receive that cute banana from your student, so clever. :-)