Sunday, 24 March 2013

TAWS Challenge #24


Hello!  Hope you are still enjoying the rest of your Sunday before the week begins again!  The weather has been so strange since yesterday as we had extreme cold front from the eastern europe that we had a windchill of -15 degrees celcius but the temperature was only about 3 degrees celcius.  I also heard that there was snowstorm in the North of England and many were stranded on the roads and without electricity and I hope that everything will go back to normal soon.  Friends, where ever you are, please take care!







Here is a simple card that inspired me from the photo and I am using the stamps from The Alley Way Stamps.  I wanted to use a twine for my card with the same colour theme but this combination does not exist yet so I decided to use a white crochet wool and colored them with copics.  Wa-lah!  Simple to do and I managed to get the colours that I wanted and above all it's also cheap!



Thank you for your sweet comment!


5 comments:

Cat's sCrap said...

What an adorable turtle ! I like your layout. Original shape and beautiful colours. Bravo !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Sue said...

Hello Lai-Yoke
This is an adorable sweet card and any little person is going to love it.
The eyes are great.
Smiles:)
Sue

Annette said...

Now this is adorable..love the stamped background and the turtle looks adorable...love this card

Greta said...

Absolutely adorable card, Lai-Yoke! Your creative genius shows again! Brilliant way to get the color you needed & I love the look of the fiber--better than twine!

Jessi Fogan said...

Brr! It's just so cold for March! It is always a surprise when the weather turns so bad in early spring :(
I think that was a brilliant idea to colour your own twine! I love how you attached it too!

I got an envelope from you today - empty! It was still sealed, but maybe it's the kind that's easy to peel open & shut again?