Monday, 22 April 2013

Be Inspired Challenge #26

This morning when I received a call that I had to do substitute work at school, I was happy until an alarming call.  We received a call to say that all secondary schools in Leiden where my children's schools are that schools are cancelled for the full day!

Eeeh!  Full day no school that is rather unusual!  It was said that one of the schools is being threatened that a gunshooting will take place!!  Scary!  So the kids were at home the whole day enjoying themselves and they were hoping that they could have a day off tomorrow again!  Hope nothing serious will take place!

Anyway, back to my card business..... a simple card for The Alley Way Stamps challenge.   Here is the inspiration photo.  I am also entering this card into Ribbon Carousel challenge.


I was inspired by the colour orange and the stacked up oranges.  Here is my take.



8 comments:

brenda said...

That's scary Lai-Yoke, lets hope it was just a hoax.

Another really elegant card and nice sunny colour.

B x

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh my goodness, Lai-Yoke - you must have been so worried! I know we had a lockdown here last year (including a search of all the male students!) and it was frightening for everyone. I'm glad that your kids were able to enjoy it as a day off!!

Brenda said...

Wow, the world is all messed up for sure! I hope everything was ok at the school Lai-Yoke? I love your card with all the layers and I also love the orange color!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! I hope everyone is safe!!!

LOVE this card! GORGEOUS layering and layered flower-- you could totally enter this in the Ribbon Carousel #80 challenge;)

joy said...

How upsetting this would be!! Sure hope your little ones will be safe and that this was just a prank of some sort.

Love your stacked up card with the pretty flower, Lai-Yoke!!!

Greta said...

Oh wow--love your take on the photo, Lai-Yoke! I'm saving for some Alley Way stamps. Hope everything turned out OK--what a scare.

Jen said...

Goodness, that's scary. I hope everything is ok! But I love your card with the random awesome blossom! So pretty! Thanks for joining the TAWS BE Inspired challenge!

Annette said...

oh my that is scary... people are loosing control..

Your card is absolutely adorable.. I LOVE how you stamped the background and all the layers are perfect.. love it