Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Waltzing Mouse Stamps Flower Show


Hello everyone,

Today's challenge over at Waltzing Mouse is to pick your favourite creation from the blogs of any of the ladies listed in the hop.  After hopping around, JJ Bolton's creation inspired me the most.  Here is her card.  Love the elegant look of the gold embossing and the corners on the dark brown cardstock.

I do not have any flower set from WMS so I decided to use the Large Doily set to CASE her card.  Instead of using gold cardstock on the corners, I decided to stamp and heat embossed them in gold.  I had difficulty capturing the gold look on the photo but believe me it's gold!  On JJ's card, a special template ( I think) is also used on the border of the second panel.  As I do not have one, I decided to use my machine-stitched method but without thread to achieve the look-alike look.


Here is a closer look of the machine-stitched without thread


Thank you for dropping by and I am off to check the rest of the other's creations!

Here is a little update to yesterday's news. Thank to very much for all your concern and kind comments. 

In total there were more than 20 secondary schools in the city of Leiden which were closed yesterday due the the shooting thread.  The suspect who is an under age is being detained and the they police is still investigating the case.  

All schools have resumed today and polices are being stationed at all schools. I heard from Claire that all entrances/ exits were close except one main entrance which is open for all for safety reason.  

18 comments:

brenda said...

What a good idea machining without thread Lai-Yoke, never thought of doing that but much easier than paper piecing it all. And the gold embossing looks good.

B x

Greta said...

So sad--young people with such problems--makes you all the more grateful for yours, I'm sure.
Fantastic CASE, Lai-Yoke! Wonderfully elegant card!

Deborah Frings said...

I think these doilies are perfect for creating flowers - and the touch of gold at the corners is so pretty!
Very elegant!

Annette said...

wow gorgeous embossing... love the gold and brown combo...so so pretty

Lynn Hardy said...

Using the doily stamps for flowers was such a good idea. You case'd the original well!

Marybeth said...

Wonderful choice! The doily looks just like a flower to me. Love the paper piercing.

Joyce said...

This is a wonderful case. I love your gold embossing and your beautiful doily.

Renee said...

A gorgeous CASE...
we picked the same card! :)
And isn't that embossing a pill to photo well...
I think you did pretty good myself!
Those doilies make beautiful flowers and accents!

Kary said...

Hi Lai-Yoke! This is SO pretty!! Love that your card looks as elegant as JJ's. Wonderful case!

So scary to hear the news about Leiden. Take good care!

Barb Murphy said...

beautiful! i love the stitched edgess and the stamped corners. fab CASE!

Vickie Z said...

Love the scallop doily in gold!! Wonderful CASE!!

Kim Heggins said...

Just beautiful, has the look of a very expensive card!

Crraftymama said...

So creative to do the stitching without thread and the doilies do look like flowers. Great card!

Julia Aston said...

A lovely CASE - pretty corner stamping and paper piercing!

Cat's sCrap said...

Wouaw ! Very elegant card. Fin and delicate work as I like ! Bravo !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

maria f. said...

Lovely card. I like how you gold embossed the doilies on the corners of the card base too. I too have WMS stamps, but not much in the way of flowers!

Sarah said...

Very smart and elegant. Those doilies make very handy flowers!!

Jessi Fogan said...

So scary :( I'm glad to know that they acted quickly & closed all the schools - it may be inconvenient but it's far more important to be safe.
Your card is absolutely stunning - love how you used something completely different, and yet the feel of your card totally echoes JJ's! And what a great tip for the pierced edge :)