Thursday, 25 April 2013

SUO #69

UPDATED : JUST RECEIVED A NOTE FROM SUO THAT I'VE BEEN DISQUALIFIED BECAUSE I USED SPELLBINDER!! 
******************************************************

This is the first time that I am playing with SUO Challenges.  The challenge for this week is to use dies of any size, Sizzlits, framelits, textured impression embossing folders – everything is up for grabs when you decide on this week's project!  I am also submitting this into Simon Says Stamps Challenge

Here is mine.  I noticed recently that I make quite a number of pocket cards as they come in very handy especially when I need to send a small gift abroad or use them to put a gift card.

I am using two different embossing folders from SU to made this card.  I also made a short picture tutorial on how to make the pocket by using a spellbinder die without using a pocket die.




Here is a short tutorial on how to make the pocket.  I don't think that an explanation is necessary as it's rather direct however, I would be please to answer any question if you have any.


finished piece

Thank you for dropping by.

10 comments:

Annette said...

wow that is so awesome.. Love the little pocket..thanks for the little tutorial.. lovely card..

Cat's sCrap said...

Wonderful card. Sensible choice of colours. Magnificent design. Simple and clean as I like !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Barb said...

Oh, Lai-yoke, this is so pretty! That yellow is just beautiful! Love the texture and darling little pocket you created! Your flower is gorgeous too! Awesome card!

joy said...

Very clever way to make a pocket - and what a fun way to give a gift card! You are so creative, Lai-Yoke!!!

Greta said...

Oh this is so darn pretty, Lai-Yoke! Reminds me of the one you made for my blogiversary, which I so love. I never think to use my dies this way, but gotta try it!

Martha said...

Lai-Yoke, what a FABULOUS card! I love the texture, the pocket, & the lovely spring colors. Great job!

Jamie Martin said...

Great pocket card and the colors are so fresh and pretty :)

Jessi Fogan said...

Well, SUO can go take a flying leap! I happen to LOVE this - fab springy colours & I love the punched corners :)

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Lai-Yoke, so pretty, I love the texture from those embossing folders.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs
Mandy xx

Colleen Dietrich said...

I agree with Jessi! Pffffft. Your card is beautiful!