Tuesday, 7 May 2013

CASE Study #39

UPDATED : 8 MAY
MR. RANDOM PICKED ME AND I WON PB STAMPS!
******************************************************

One more day and we will have another long weekend this week.  Woohoo!


Today, I am trying something new with a coffee filter to make a flower.  Have you tried it before?  Here is my inspiration card from CASE Study.

I used 2 strips of the border punch for the left hand side of the card.  On the another panel, a vellum is embossed and adhered to the base card.  

As for the flower, first I swiped wornlipstick and peeled paint ink pads on a plastic binder holder as I do not have one of those TH mat.  Then spray with lots of water and dipped the filter onto the surface until you have achieved the colour.  Once the filter is dry, die cut into 8 scallops, put a hole in the middle and add a pin to keep it secure.  Then crunch all the scallops pieces by pieces until you are happy with your flower.  The sentiment is embossed in gold.

As there are a number of texture and embossing involved, I am also entering this card into Stamping Sensations.




Inside






16 comments:

Geri said...

Gorgeous flower! Love the embossing!

brenda said...

I've never tries this one Lai-Yoke but do love the look of the finished flower.

B x

joy said...

BEAUTIFUL!! I made some coffee filter flowers one year for a sale, but they were not nearly as pretty as this one. May have to try your method some day!

Barb said...

Oh, my! This is just beautiful, Lai-Yoke! LOVE your gorgeous flower!

Jessi Fogan said...

What a great tip to use a binder! I don't have a mat either but it looks like it works perfectly! Love how your flower turned out, and it really pops on the white :)

Greta said...

I have my coffee filters laid out (changed machines so now I have a bunch that I can't use for coffee) but haven't tried it yet. Thanks for the inspiration! Your flower is one of the prettiest I've seen, so now I really do want to try it! Lovely card, Lai-Yoke!

pinky said...

Beautiful card Lai-Yoke! Perfect for our challenge this month. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

cbuswell said...

So pretty, I love the texture of the white embossing and that flower is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

Lin said...

Oh how PRETTY, Lai-Yoke! Love this gorgeous bloom!

Annette said...

oh my word gorgeous gorgeous... i love that flower and the embossing is perfect.. the color of the flower is amazing..

Sally H said...

What a fabulous creation!Love the white on white with the stunning flower! Thanks for joining us at stamping sensations this month and good luck!

Kailash said...

You created such a gorgeous bloom Lai-Yoke with the coffee filters, thanks for the inspiration. Your card is simply stunning:-)!

Cat's sCrap said...

Very elegant card and magnificent embossings. Bravo !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Brenda said...

Wow Lai-Yoke! That flower is so stunning! The colours you got on it are so soft and feminine! Beautiful card.

Martha said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card, Lai-Yoke!
I love the texture & the gorgeous flower. Beautifully done!

Congratulations, on winning some PB stamps! Enjoy!

Greta said...

Hurrah! Enjoy your prize, Lai-Yoke! This would have been a winner even if it wasn't a random draw!