Sunday, 5 May 2013

PDC - Colour Splash Time

Hi folks,

It's the time of the year again to share with you the beauty when Holland is bloomed with flowers.  Every year we drove to hunt for the fields of flowers but this year we decided to cycle to make this tour which was more relax but more tiring. In total, we did a 36km returned trip but we have no complain as the weather was just absolutely beautiful.

Somehow, this year I don't see many tulips or is it simply because of the long winter that the tulips are not bloomed yet?  However, if you would like to see more tulips, please see here which were taken during the last years.

Last year, I remembered my dear niece visited us during this time of the year and we had so much fun hunting for the flowers.  Miss you, dear Vivien!

First, before I show you the flowers, I would like to share with you the card for today which is a colour challenge over at The Play Date Cafe.  There is no stamping required with this card at all but involved lots of cutting, embossing and machine-stitched. Very simple to make but repetitive design which I do like occasionally.




Inner card

Ready for the flowers.....

tulips

tulips

tulips

 Peonie? 

Double Tulips

Crocus

Crocus

Sorry that I am unable to provide you with the names of the flowers which marked?  If you do know their names, please do let me know.

Just a note that the colours of the flowers were much more intense in real and I wishthat I could capture them to share them with you.  Hope you have enjoy the mini tour!

13 comments:

brenda said...

I am so very pleased you decided to share some of the lovely tulip fields with us all Lai-Yoke.

What a fabulous burst of colour they make and so many different varieties, those lilac ones with the yellow and green centres are lovely but I think those double pink ones have to be my favourite.

Nearly forgot your card getting carries away with tulips, the cone red flower amongst the black and white really focuses the eye to the detail.

B x

brenda said...

Meant to say I really don't know if they are peonies or a very ornate tulip, it seems very early for peonies, whatever they are they are beautiful.

B x

Brenda said...

Hi Lai-Yoke, thanks for sharing those beautiful colourful photos again, they make me so happy! And I love the look of your embossed flowers!

Colleen Dietrich said...

These flowers are beautiful, Lai Yoke, both the ones on the card and the ones you took in real life. :) YOur cycling trip does indeed sound tiring. I would have been just plain old tuckered out from that!

Annette said...

WOW WEE now that is tulip heaven.. that is too bad you don't see as many.. the winter hit hard.. your card is gorgeous..

Sue Butler said...

Hello Lai-Yoke
Every Year I see your Tulips and they are never disappoint; so inspirational, and your card is dramatic, yet beautiful. Your centre flower adds the warmth that lifts the card and softens the image wonderfully.
Smiles:)
Sue

Greta said...

LOVE the mini tour, Lai-Yoke--thank you for sharing your beautiful surroundings I'll never see in person. Your card is a wonderful use of the colors--great flowers!

joy said...

Oh, my! Your card is so nice, Lai-Yoke! I love your design!!

Thank you so much for sharing the photos of the flower fields. They are breathtaking and I'm sure even more so in real life!! Just beautiful.

Jessi Fogan said...

I bet they're just a little behind! Seems like we had similar weather this "spring" and my tulips aren't to bud yet.
I love the texture & the grid layout of your card - too fun!

Trinh said...

Pretty card! Love how you finished out the inside. I'm so lazy about that.

Thank you for sharing your pics. The tulips are gorgeous! The pink one is a double tulip and the purple is a crocus.

Kailash said...

Thanks so much for the mini tour Lai-yoke...beautiful pictures.I know one day I am going to see these gorgeous flowers in real life. It's on my bucket list:-)
I love your card with all the texture!!

Cat's sCrap said...

Fabulous card. I like the idea of single red flowers. Thanks for the magnificent photos.

Hugs.
Catherine;

anya said...

So fun! I like how each flower is textured, and the pop is magenta is the perfect splash of color. So glad you could join us for the Play Date Cafe Challenge!