Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Gift Tote Bag


** EDITED **
** I was spotted on PB Facebook **
******************************************************

Hello everyone!

I know it's already Tuesday but over here we had a long weekend because of Ascension Day and we were able to get away from home to Belgium and France with beautiful weather.  We heard that the weather was not good over here but we were so fortunate to be able to experience the sunny weather whilst we were in Belgium and France.

First up, I would like to share with you today's project which I will be entering into PB For Family Challenge and as this is also a gift bag, I would like to enter into Moxie Fab World and Penny Black Friends




Usually all my gift bags are rather small and can only fit in about 4 cards but this time, I wanted something which can fit in more so I drew a bigger template for this tote bag : L-22cm; B-6cm; H-11cm

Today I used PB stamp which is coloured in different colours and spritzed with glimmer mists.  Yup! It was a lot of work as I had to stamp several times to cover the surface area.  As I wanted to give a little extra touch to the whole, I added some pearl beads onto the tag.

I also made a matching card to go with this tote bag and the inner card is decorated as well.




Inside card

We drove to Lille, North of France on Friday night which took 4 hours instead of 3 because of the bad weather, rush hour traffic and the long weekend.

This church is call St. Maurice church and as you know, my son's name is also Maurice therefore we had to take this shot.

St. Maurice Church - 14th century

Side view of the church

Town Hall - 1924



The Grand Garde - 1717


That's it for today and I will be sharing more photos on Gent, Belgium in the coming days.  You wouldn't want to miss them....  Thank you for dropping by!





10 comments:

Annette said...

wow these are gorgeous.. love the tote bag..loving all the flowers...

Great pictures..

brenda said...

It looks like you have a lovely weekend Lai-Yoke, just such a shame about all this bad weather.

Your little bog and card are so very pretty and summery - perhaps it will remind the weather.

B x

Kanan Pandya said...

Hey Lai-Yoke, love your beautiful card and bag,the colors are so soft and looks very pretty. Love the pictures too, beautiful Church, love your photography too, great shots. Thank you for sharing it. :-)

Barb said...

Looks like a wonderful trip, Lai-Yoke! Thanks for sharing the photos!

Love your gift bag and matching card! So beautifully stamped! :)

Kailash said...

I'm so glad you got to go away for the weekend Lai-Yoke, those pictures are so lovely, the architecture of the older buildings is just gorgeous. Thanks for the share!!!
Love your sweet and pretty project, beautifully done!!

Greta said...

How wonderful you can see 2 different countries in a 4 day w/e--wow! Love seeing the pictures. Your card & bag are fabulous! Love the stamps you used, colors,pearls--everything!

Jessi Fogan said...

Congrats on being spotted! This project is AMAZING, Lai-Yoke :) Such gorgeous colours!
Stunning photos - I look forward to seeing more :)

Brenda said...

Love the bag you made and the matching card Lai-Yoke, those flowers are so pretty! Thanks for sharing the photos! I was born only a short distance from Lille in a town called Wattrelos!

Martha said...

Lai-Yoke, what a DARLING bag & card! Love the pretty stamping!

WOW, thanks for sharing all the photos!

Cath said...

Hey Lai-Yoke! Thanks for linking this up to the Gift Packaging Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)