Thursday, 30 May 2013

PDC #184


Hi peeps!  Hope everything is well with you. It has been a strange week for me because Claire is away to Canterbury, UK for her school trip.  The is the first time that she is travelling without us outside Holland.  It feels so strange that the house is without her.

My laptop is giving me problem again and I am using the IPAD which I am not very keen.  The typing is taking much slower than normal.


Back to card.  It's colour challenge over at The Play Date Cafe.  For this card, I am using PB Sundial  and HA Envelope Pattern stamps. Both are stamped on the cardstock and heat embossed in white.  I am entering this card into Simon Says Stamps



Inside


I have some good and bad news to share.  I have been offered a 7-weeks assignment (until the end of the school year) as a teaching assistant at my current school starting on Monday.  It has been ages since I last work fulltime and I am a little worried if I am able to cope with work and family as Marcel is not at home during the weekdays.

As I will be working fulltime, I am afraid that I will not have much time for my crafty work which also mean less visiting your blogs.  I sincerely hope that you will hang on there with me.

It has been a long post today and thank you for listening.


14 comments:

Kanan Pandya said...

Beautiful, love the color combinations and that pretty flower, Lai-Yoke. :-)

brenda said...

You have to take the work when it's offered Lai-Yoke, blogland will still be here.

Such a pretty card.

B x

Kailash said...

Your card is so pretty Lai-Yoke, love that bold flower!!
I'm sure you will do wonderfully at your new assignment, enjoy and make the most of it!! Your family will be most supportive and you will manage fine :-)!!

Greta said...

Congratulations on the job, Lai-Yoke! I always look at the time work takes away from my crafting as more money for stamps--LOL! Wonderful card--love how you showcased that gorgeous flower!

Kara Lynne said...

I love how you detailed the flower with layers. Beautiful colors too!

Vivien Quay said...



6 weeks will soon be over before you know it!

Don't worry and be strong!
Have a nice and fun working life!

Dawny P said...

This is lovely :) I really like the design and colours you used. Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

Heather said...

A lovely card, I love your design and colour scheme. Your flower is stunning!!!

Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Martha said...

Lai-Yoke, what a BEAUTIFUL card! I love the Envelope Pattern & the pretty flower.

Enjoy your 7-week assignment. The time will pass quickly.

Annette said...

oh my word this is amazing.. I really really love it..

Linn Post said...

hi lai-yoke
love this cute and beatiful card and i hope everything will work out for you as you wish:))
xox
linn

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, I can't imagine how quiet it must seem with Claire gone! I hope she's having a great time :)
I tried borrowing the boys' tablet to try and yep...I like my keyboard. I like actual keys for my fingers to press down!
Family comes first, always. Anyone who doesn't understand that isn't really worth having around - the rest of us will just be happy to see you when you have the time! Congratulations on the offer :)

Veronica Z said...

Oh wow, your card is just stunning! Thank you for playing along with The Play Date Cafe!

Monika Reeck said...

Totally rock the flower and the DP are lovely Lai Yoke...really lovely flower card...hugs