Sunday, 26 May 2013

PS Challenge 20-26 May

It's cool challenge time over at Paper Smooches Sparks and this week's story is inspired by the colour story "Nautical".


When I read the word "Nautical", I had to think of boats.  Have you tried incorporating origami into your card?  It sure give you a 3D image.  I made an origami boat and a pin wheel to go with this card.  You can find the tutorial here.

First the pin wheel is stamped with sentiment from Cutesaurus and used a tooth pick as the pole. I thought it was fun to put a dino on the boat..  I also used the PS alphabet die cuts on boat.

It seems that we are still in the winter weather although we are going towards June already.

Thank you for dropping by and have a lovely day.


Peep inside the origami boat

inside card

8 comments:

Hilde van Rijnsoever said...

Wat een grappig bedachte kaart! Erg leuk met het origamie bootje en the pinwheel (ik weet het nederlandse woord niet eens....)

Barb said...

Darling card, Lai-Yoke! Love your fun boat!

We've had some more cold days again here too. Hope your weather warms up soon!

Annette said...

aww this is too cute.. i love the little sailboat you created.. very clever and super fun..

Greta said...

Adorable card, Lai-Yoke! You seem to be able to make anything you see--amazing!

Kara Lynne said...

Great idea to make the boat, and I love how you stamped on the pinwheel paper.

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh my goodness, this is so cute & clever!! The cloud embossing is the perfect subtle background, and THE DINO ON THE BOAT! Squeal! Utterly adorable :)
I hear you on the weather! Oh well. In a month I will think it's too hot ;)

Trinh said...

This is fantastic! I love the dimension of the pinwheel and the origami boat.

Kanan Pandya said...

This is fabulous, Lai-Yoke. Super cute card with great details, love the inside of the card too. :-)