Friday, 6 December 2013

Merry Monday #86

As I was surfing thru the blogland, I stumbled across this challenge at Merry Monday Challenge.  This week it's all about using chalkboard technique and it has been quite sometime ago that I last used it.   

I was inspired by one of the DTs, LeAnne Pugliese that I decided to case her card as I needed a quick card.  I am also entering this card into Penny Black and MoreCurtain Call and The Pink Elephant

  

The sentiment is from PB Glad Tidings which is heat embossed in white. The background chevron is from Studio Calico.




Yesterday, we had a bad storm and hailed as well.  Up to this morning, the wind is still strong and I hope it will slow down soon.  I am going off to continue with my christmas cards and wishing you a lovely weekend!


17 comments:

LeAnne said...

I am so glad you stopped by my blog, and liked my card well enough to case it! Yours is BEAUTIFUL! What a beautiful sentiment, and perfect for the challenge! Love your sparkly snowflake too! Hope you play again with us, Lai-Yoke!

Susan Joyce said...

Well cased, I love the image you used with the border and Section breakers inbetween. Pretty card. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

Annette Allen said...

well i totally love this.. it is gorgeous..

Rosemary said...

fantastic card, lai-yoke!!

Trinh said...

Beautiful! I need to give the chalkboard technique another try.

Loll Thompson said...

Beautiful card and lovely sentiment. The red satin ribbon and sparkly snowflake are perfect embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

Darnell J Knauss said...

This is a fantastic CASE, Lai-Yoke! You did a great job with the chalkboard technique!! Hugs, Darnell

Karren said...

Your chalkboard piece is just stunning! Love your ribbon/snowflake embellishment. Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty card, I love this sentiment. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

Kristie Goulet said...

This is a very pretty card. Love the embellishments you used. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday this week.

brenda said...

A really pretty card and all beautifully coordinated.

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x

Marisa said...

Well done with the chalkboard and way to use that red and white paper! Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call!

Greta said...

Gorgeous card--great use of the technique!

Jessi Fogan said...

The fun layout, the perfect chalkboard, the sparkly snowflake & lovely bow...this card is so wonderful!

Anja (scrappie) said...

beautiful your chalkboard technique and a great card too.

Stacey Schafer said...

awesome! love your holiday chalkboard! thanks so much for playing along at the Curtain Call!

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x