Friday, 31 January 2014

Year of the Horse

Today is the start of the Lunar New Year. As the Snake slithers away at the end of its reign of the old year, the Horse gallops in to start ruling the New Year. Chinese all over the world celebrated the first day yesterday and it will last for 15 days.

Curious to know which zodiac sign you belong to?  Check out the chinese calendar conversion here.

On today's card, it's all about purple which is the cue card at CASology.


I am using one of my favourite background stamps from MFT.  All the stamps are stamped with Brilliance Pearlescent Purple which gives the silky look.




Have a lovely weekend!

9 comments:

Cat's sCrap said...

Lovely and elegant card. Beautifulcolours. Bravo !

Hug from France.
Catherine.

Annette Allen said...

totally gorgeous..loving all the purple..

Lisa said...

Pretty purple and I love the little plain strip!
Hope you have a great weekend Lai-Yoke! XX

Kailash said...

So beautiful Lai-Yoke, you always stamp the inside so pretty too. Love the elegance!!

Greta said...

I love that ink & it made a gorgeous card, Lai-Yoke! I'm a rabbit, so guess it's not my year.

Meghan said...

Stamping perfection on this card! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Jessi Fogan said...

Such gorgeous silkiness! Love that shade of purple. Happy New Year! (I'm a dragon)

Vivien Q said...

Happy Chinese New Year ! Especially to uncle marce!

Monika Reeck said...

I love the number two much...I love purple and I love that cute stamp (flower) is it from Stampin Up Lai Yoke..and Happy Chinese New Year.....do you plan this year to Malaysia... saya tidak pulang ke Indonesia tetapi stay di Germany saja :) see you on my Blog dear...hugs