Thursday, 6 February 2014

Ombré Technique

This is the first time that I am making a card by using gesso as I was inspired by Helen from Craft Stamper - January issue.

I applied some gesso with my fingers on the acetate as I like the idea of the rough texture.  Once it's dry, I applied TH distress inks tunbled glass, broken china, faded jeans and chipped sapphire.  

On another piece of paper, I used the same inks for the flowers diecut.  A piece of feather is added behind the mannequin diecut as I thought it was a little too naked.




Thank you for stopping by.

9 comments:

brenda said...

OOH my Lai-Yoke, I can almost feel the texture on the acetate, what a lovely creation. By coincidence I have been using Gesso this afternoon as well.

I do hope you will be able to join in my 5th Blogaversary celebration which is running at the moment.

B x

joy said...

Very nicely done, Lai-Yoke! I love the textures you've achieved on this card.

Brenda said...

Never heard of this technique Lai-Yoke, but I think it's always good to try new things otherwise we get stale! I love the blues and your lovely flower!

Angelnorth said...

Interesting mix of textures and shades of blue, great job! Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge!

Kailash said...

Good for you Lai-Yoke trying the gesso and new technique, looks gorgeous. Love the sweet details you added too!!}

Greta said...

Artistic & beautiful, Lai-Yoke!

Riikka Kovasin said...

Really artistic and whimsical! Thank you for playing along in Craft Stamper challenge!

Jessi Fogan said...

The feather was the perfect addition!

Martha said...

WOW, this is simply fabulous, Lai-Yoke! I love the texture & the color.