Thursday, 13 March 2014

MOJO Monday #336

Sending you beautiful spring weather from here.  I just can't believe how beautiful the weather is today - sunshines, no wind and temperature of about 18 degrees celcius.  Today was my first day enjoying my lunch in the garden - well partly to get away from the dusty house too!

Work is progressing rather slow with the bathroom because they had to patch-up the plaster wall as it was badly in shape.  As the thickness of the plaster is 3cm which is rather thick, it's taking very long to dry which resulted in the delay of putting the tiles.  The constructer said that he can only do it next week which mean a week delay!!  Another week living in the dust....

I needed a sympathy card for my friend's mum who just passed away. Working in my dusty corner by combining the colour challenge from ColourQ and sketch from MOJO Monday.  I am also linking this up in The Kraft Journal.

The newspaper print and stripes are from HA. The feather dies are from MFT which are cut twice in kraft and black. The sentiment is from Verve which is heat embossed in black.



Inside

enjoy the rest of the evening!


12 comments:

Rosemary said...

it appears that the dust and delay has not dampened your mojo, lai-yoke!! your card is lovely! i especially like how you finished off the inside!

brenda said...

Poor you Lai-Yoke, nothing worse that renovations that take forever, but just think how lovely it will be when it is finished.

I love the elegance of your card.

B x

Monika Reeck said...

I really love the newspaper paper did you stamped it dear Lai Yoke?Bagus sekali...love it...and I especially love the texture on the flowers you did...adorable and also elegant card...love this really bright and happy color...thanks for lihat my Blog :) see you again soon ...hugs

Nancy said...

Home repair can be so frustrating Lai-Yoke, but usually the outcome is worth the trouble:) Your card is lovely. I love the layered embellishment!

joy said...

it would be lovely to eat my lunch outdoors - way too cold, as yet, though!

I love all of the elements of your card - your composition is so nice! Thanks for showing the inside, too.

Greta said...

This is really beautiful, Lai-Yoke! Thinking I may need that feather die! Construction is hard while it's in progress, but I'm sure you'll be happy with the result. Hugs, Greta

Annette Allen said...

seems like home repairs always take longer then intended.. I hope that it drys faster so you can move on to the next step.. Your card is gorgeous.. one of my favorites..

Colleen Dietrich said...

I agree with Annette...home repairs always take longer than intended. :(

Love your card, Lai Yoke. So beautifully done!

Kailash said...

Your card is really beautifully crafted Lai-Yoke, always love how you complete the inside.
You are going to really enjoy once the construction work is done, hang in there :-)!!!

Lisa said...

Lovely sympathy card inside and out! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

~Tammy~ said...

I really like that feather die. A beautiful sympathy card. Thank you for sharing your work with us this week at The Kraft Journal. We hope to see you again next week for our new challenge.

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Lai-Yoke, really great feathers and flowers, they look like felt! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ this week.