Thursday, 3 April 2014

Reverse Confetti #11

Greetings from lovely weather from here.  Today, I am playing with a sketch from Reverse Confetti and a colour challenge from Colour Throwdown.  I would like to enter this card into The Card Concept challenge.

I am using the stripey set which are stamped in 3 different colours and die cut it with a fishtail from MFT.  I used the vellum for the butterfly die cut and added accent pearls. Added a rhinestone on one of the buttons.


The border is cut by using a spellbinder A2 Curved Border Two.

I am not too sure about the combination of the stripes with the lacy border but aiyaah if I don't try I will never know!



After 3 weeks of renovation, living in the dusts, frustrations and all the inconvenience caused, the bathroom and the toilets are ready.  Unfortunately, there is a hick-up and I must say it's a big one because there is a leakage in our kitchen.   This was due to the extra drain created for the bubble bath and the leakage is just right behind the cooking hood.  Finger cross that there is no major repair needed to be done.

In the meantime, I am happy to show you our new rooms....


walk-in shower area with a rain shower



Thanks for dropping by and enjoy your day!



17 comments:

Stampingcountry said...

Simple and beautiful! Like the way all your elements come together.

Stacey Schafer said...

LOVE your RC stripes! so glad you could play along with this month's SFYTT!

Greta said...

Oh your renovation looks wonderful, Lai-Yoke! Sure hope the leak turns out to be a simple fix. I absolutely love your card--makes me want that border die & who makes that wonderful butterfly die? The stripes & lace are great together--this is a winner!

Annette Allen said...

oh my word your bathroom looks amazing.. I love it.. great job. AND this card is gorgeous.. I hope you are having a better week.. hugs

Kailash said...

Gorgeous card Lai-Yoke. The edge of the card is stunning with the lacy die:-)
Your bathroom looks so beautiful, hopefully your water leakage is not a big problem:-)!!!

Rosemary said...

lovely card, lai-yoke... really like how you combined the two challenges! and wow... your new bathroom is amazing!

Jeanne J said...

This is so clean and fancy at the same time. That elegant border, the soft vellum butterfly ... love it!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card. Love the striped panels and that delicate butterfly. Very elegant. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown. PS: love the black and white bathroom!

Romaine said...

Gorgeous card, Lai-Yoke! The vellum butterfly is stunning!

Joan Ervin said...

I just love your take on the RC sketch...the scalloped border looks fantastic!!! Love your fabulous new bathroom, too!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

Lori said...

Beautiful! Love the elegant vellum butterfly over the striped background. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Jessi Fogan said...

I hope you get the leak figured out really quickly, so that you can make full use of that gorgeous bathroom - I would live in it, I surely would :)
I love the stripes & the lacy border -playing and trying something new is the best part of creating :)

Monika Reeck said...

Really I am jealous with your Bathroom its really like in a five star Hotel...our bathroom is old it was made at 1971 (before I was born LOL) and it stay like that because we only rent this House dear Lai Yoke...I wish I can visit you one day and try your lovely bathroom..May I?

Agree with all ladies lacy border and the stripes looks adorable and your combination is so lovely great use the color throwdown color scheme and lovely butterfly too...funny is I made also the card for color throw down with butterfly :) LOL salam manis dari Munich...Monika

Martha said...

What a beautiful card, Lai-Yoke!

WOW, your bathroom turned out so beautifully!

Geri said...

Great card! I love the dramatic mix of your card elements and yes, I think they all work perfectly together! A bit of modern, vintage and elegance! The buttons add the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for choosing to share your talent with us at the Card Concept Challenge :)

Geri said...

Ooops...forgot to say AMAZING bathrooms! Wow - it looks like a magazine picture! Ultra modern and seriously awesome!

Cathy Weber said...

First...very jealous of that spa-like bathroom! Second, jealous of your beautiful vellum embossed butterfly card. Love the striped banners and that very ELEGANT butterfly. Jealous, jealous!