Monday, 24 March 2014

Nuclear Security Summit in The Hague

After months of intensive preparation, today is the Nuclear Security Summit in The Hague attended by world leaders from 53 countries.  As you can already imagine, the security within the vicinity of the meeting (I live nearby) is highly secured. Helicopters are patrolling very frequently, security guards are on the roads and every lamp polls are secured with a camera!

This morning when I cycled to school (13.5km) knowing that if I were to take a train, it's going to cause some serious delay.  While on the road, I felt so peaceful as there were hardly any cars and most of all the sky was blue but cold!

Enough of the Summit and back to my card.  Today, I am sharing a card by using my only stamp set from Reverse Confetti - Stripey.

Love all the different type of stripes on this set.  Using the colour challenge from Reverse Confetti, stamped on a cardstock and machine-stitched on the border. Stamped and heat embossed on a vellum tag so that the stripes are still visible.

I also added some sequins behind the vellum as I did not want it to over power the whole card.


 Inside

Thanks for dropping by!

9 comments:

joy said...

What a nice design this is, Lai-Yoke. It could definitely be sent to either gender. Those stripe stamps are so versatile.

I would be a bit nervous to live that close to the Summit location. Be safe!

Rosemary said...

beautiful take on the color combo, lai-yoke!

Annette Allen said...

wow great take on the challenge.. LOVE that color combo..

Martha said...

WOW...I absolutely love this DARLING card, Lai-Yoke! The shape, tag, design, & pretty colors caught my eye. Well done!

Nancy Thomas said...

I really like that you made your own background - beautiful.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

What a Beautiful take on the colors!! Perfect stamping too! Hugs, Karin

Kailash said...

Love your postage stamp shaped card Lai-Yoke and the added vellum. Lovely take on the challenge!!}

Greta said...

I love this card, Lai-Yoke!

Monika Reeck said...

Love the Idea of the Stampmark dear Lai Yoke and lovely color combo too..great card...hugs