Saturday, 31 May 2014

Mojo #347 & ColourQ #243

I hope you are enjoying your long Ascension Day weekend.  We were planning to go the zoo today unfortunately something happened!

Yesterday, as I was coming down from the staircase, I missed the last step as I thought I was already on the ground and the next thing I knew was that I fell hard on the ground and sprained my left foot and my wrists.  Luckily, the wrists are not too bad but my foot is swollen and hurts. I spent most of the days with ice-pack on my foot.  So much for my zoo trip....


I am using the Tall and Skinny sketch from Mojo Monday with the colours from ColourQ and using kraft for the challenge at The Kraft Journal.  I am doubting now if I could use kraft for the colour challenge.

The background is from MFT stencil - I mixed the colours from distress inks with embossing paste and swiped them on a white cardstock.  As this gives a nice texture, I am also entering this card into Addicted to CAS challenge!

As for the butterfly, I used the watercolours and double diecut it and added glitters on the edge.  The sentiment is also from MFT.



The leftover from the butterfly cardstock which I use to decorate the inner card - nothing is wasted!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I hope mine will improve as I need to work on Mondays and Tuesdays again!


10 comments:

Annette Allen said...

totally love this.. the polka dot background is awesome and that butterfly is so pretty.. i love it

aww sorry you fell down the stairs.. I have done that and I know it is NOT FUN.. take care of that foot..

Greta said...

Modern & beautiful, Lai-Yoke! I'm so sorry to hear of your fall & hope you recover quickly. Sprains are not fun! Puppy pulled me over while we were camping, but I just got a big bruise on my hip & it didn't really hurt--I was lucky.

Vivien Q said...

Ouch! That must hurt a lot!
Please see a chiropractor A.Lai Yoke! Kids must miss Zoo! Take care.

Rosemary said...

oh that butterfly is so beautiful... lovely card, lai-yoke! so sorry you fell... sprained ankles are no fun!

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh no! I'm glad it's only a sprain but still - ouch ouch ouch! (And oh, how many times I've made that fall myself....looking at the comments maybe most card makers are a little clumsy? lol!)
I love the ink mixed in with the embossing paste - I have to try it again! And that butterfly is beautiful :)

Amy White said...

What a gorgeous butterfly!! Thanks for playing along with us at the ColourQ this week!

Sylvia said...

Such a pretty card, Lai-Yoke, I love your water color and that gorgeous butterfly! So happy to see you at the colourQ!

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE the textured bfly! Thanks for joining in at ATCAS!

jaydee said...

I love the colors of the dots and how you tied it together with the colors sponged on the butterfly. Gorgeous card.

Take care of yourself... that fall must have hurt!

So glad you were able to join us at ATCAS this week
Jaydee

Monika Reeck said...

oh Lai Yoke..even you are sick you make a very beautiful card...nice butterfly and the color too..love your color combo soft and adorable...I am sorry that I am late to read that you were sick..it is still pain right...I hope you are getting well soon...I live near you I should send you a Get Well soon card...I am sorry that I am late to read your post....hope you are more better today my lovely friend..hugs, Monika