Sunday, 6 July 2014

LIM #179

The weekend just whoosed by so quickly and a new week is coming up again.  The children have two more days of exam and soon they can relax....

Here is the sketch for my card today which was inspired by Donna Mikasa and Maureen Merritt.

I am going to use embossing paste today for this card by using the earthly colours from the challenge at LIM.  First, I swiped separately the distress colours of peeled paint, vintage photo, barn door and aged mahagony on a stamping block. Colour by colour, I used an ice-cream stick to mix the embossing paste with the distress inks.  Then I swiped the paste onto the burlap mask with the cardstock underneath to reach the desire mix.  Let it dry and run thru CB.

The sentiment is from Technique Tuesday and the border die cut is from SU.  I would like to enter this into Penny Black and More.




Inside
Thanks for dropping by.




23 comments:

Sid said...

Brilliant design and textures, love the card !

Anne said...

Lovely card with super textures added
Thank you for joining us at Less is More
Anne
LIM Designer

Annette Allen said...

wow love this card.. the texture you added is perfect.. great designing..

Kim Heggins said...

This is one fabulous card! I love your sweet feather design.

Jen said...

great set of cards Lai

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
Less Is More

brenda said...

This is just stunning Lai-Yoe, such great texture and imagination.

B x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Stunning cards and always great when you can satisfying challenges.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Martha said...

WOW, this is simply FABULOUS, Lai-Yoke! I love the texture, colors, & design! Beautifully done!

Chrissie said...

What fabulous texture, this is gorgeous!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Kailash said...

Love all the texture and fabulous design Lai-Yoke, the colors are so earthy and cool, love them!!!

Rosemary said...

fab take on the sketch, lai-yoke.. the feather are so cool!

Greta said...

Great technique & card, Lai-Yoke!

Monika Reeck said...

wooww the feathers with texture you are clever dear Lai Yoke...should be a winner card..good luck dear..lovely using of the sketch...I made already the bday invitation Lai Yoke its only a print out paper and my son so happy cause I choose bowling image from Internet and print it under the invitation...but if you still want to send it (the set I asked you :)..please give me your paypal address...hugs, Monika

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Brenda said...

Gorgeous design Lai-Yoke!

Jan Ltc said...

This is great! Thanks for joining us at LIM xx Jan LIm GDT

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! I love the colours and the texture on your card! Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

Cat's sCrap said...

Simple and elegant ! I like !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

brenda said...

Hi again Lai-Yoke, so pleased you linked up to Penny Black and More with this lovely creation, thank you.

B x

Gerrina said...

Great texture and placing! A beautiful CAS-card!
Thank you for joining at Penny Black and more! Gerrina, Guest-Designer

kreativekymona.com said...

Lai-Yoke, I love your card. The feathers are amazing and the colors are so warm and earth tone. I also love the happy die cut. Beautifully done.

Whisper said...

Simply gorgeous and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month and good luck, Luv Sam x

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x