Saturday, 13 September 2014

PS 7-13 September

My initial plan was to make something quick for my niece's birthday but I ended doing something extra for her.

I started with this quick and easy gift card by using a piece of envelope which is converted into a gift card.  You can check it out here - it's quick addictive.

As I am not very good in using patterned paper, I usually ended up stamping the background and this one is from MFT. The cute little flower is from PS Perky Plant which is heat embossed and coloured in.

I am popping this into Make The Day Special challenge as I am using their sketch as well and Stamplorations.  Since I made the gift box by using the envelope punch board, I am entering this project into SU-per challenges.


 Inside of the envelope

I wanted to leave the white embossed empty but changed my mind as I wanted to use all the mini stamps which filled up the space a little.

Then, I decided to add something extra to the gift card.  I made a matching gift box as well with envelope punch board.  Did some paper-piercing as well on the plant.


Back of the gift box - nothing is wasted


Wah-lah!  The matching gift set!
Thanks for your sweet comments!

15 comments:

Annette Allen said...

aww this is so totally cute.. love the honey comb embossing and all those little bees..

Cat's sCrap said...

I'm fan ! Too cute ! Adorable flowers. Great work ! Bravo !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Brenda said...

This is so cute and funny Lai-Yoke! Love it!

Lori said...

So sweet! Love how you used the argyle pattern to tie all of the pieces in your gift set together. Thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

Greta said...

You are always so creative, Lai-Yoke! What a great project for your niece!

Nicole Parmentier said...

love your projects Lay-Yoke! I saw your flower card on the paper-smooches blog and loved it so much. Really funny!!!

Jenny said...

What an adorable gift set....love all your paper piecing and attention to detail, the watering can seal is such a cute finishing touch. Thanks for another fab submission to our challenge at Make the Day Special Stamp Store x

Jessi Fogan said...

That is just precious! I love it! And isn't it funny, your mind says NOPE, don't feel like simple right now :)

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous gift card set! Thanks so much for joining us at STAMPlorations!

Gonny van der Ruijt said...

Great work, so funny. Thanks for playing with us in the SU-Per challenge. Gonny

Monika Reeck said...

Cute eyes in front of the card Lai Yoke and hihi cute cute bee inside...really cute..love the embossing paper you put inside add a great touch on your card...how is your job...busy right..hope you are happy with your job..hugs, Monika

*Mariska* said...

Love your take of the challenge at SU-per challenges. Thank you for playing along!
Regards Mariska

Krista Driessen said...

You did a great job, thanks for playing along !

Kylie said...

Adorable. Your niece will love it. Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations xx

Julia Altermann said...

What a perfect project, Lai-Yoke! Great card, awesome gift pocket, and a matching envelope! I wish I had penpals with as much love for details as you have … anyone who gets this beautiful project will be delighted :)

Thanks so much for playing in our Make the Day Special challenge this month – I hope we'll seen you again with your creations next month!

Julia