Saturday, 1 November 2014

Merry Monday #132

Happy Saturday...

I can't believe that today is the first day of November already. Today's weather has been exceptionally soft with lots of sunshine at about 17 degrees celcius which is rather special during this time of the year.

Today's card is rather challenging as we need to make vintage snowflake card.  I have never done any snowflake in kraft before and I thought this is a challenging one to do.  I am also popping this card into Hero Arts Holiday Challenge.

The front panel is die cut with Lawn Fawn square stitched. Then I dry emboss the panel randomly and added stickles.  I got the idea of partial dry embossing from Rosemary D - I just love how the look of it and I think I did a little bit too much on this one.  I die cut two snowflakes in vellum and another one in kraft.  The snowflake in kraft is clear embossed twice to give the 3D look.  Lastly, the sentiment is from HA which is heat embossed in gold.


Love the droplets of the stickles 

Two weeks ago, we had an autumn break and we spent a couple of days in Harz, Germany which we found out on arrival that it was a skiing area during the winter month!  We did not know it when we did the booking as we were only interested in doing some nature walk and hunting for autumn colours.

Nevertheless, we had a good trip and I must say that the village was rather laid back but it was good for us to be away from the city life.  We spent most of our days hiking.  As it was on mountainous area, we also had fun with the sledging on rails which sure to speed up your adrenaline because of the height and the overlooking the beautiful village.

This wooden church was built in 1908

A peep inside the wooden church

We came across this during our hike

The story behind it...

passing by another village

at Gozlar village

Sledging on the rails up on the mountain

So glad you stopped by and have a great day!

9 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Lai Yoke the clear embossed on the Kraft paper looks so adorable looks so shiny yeah it is also a winner card I think...this is so festive and so clever made..LOVE THIS my friend..

I can see the bushaltestelle there on the last pict and nice pict you and your hubby..it was not so cold right cause today in Munich its around 7 degree celcius..last two weeks even 18-20 degree here...nice pict and thanks for sharing my friend..selamat malam

Cat's sCrap said...

Wouaw ! Wonderful card and magnificent photos ! Great work ! Bravo !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Nicole Parmentier said...

Awesome texture on your card! Love it!! Your holiday pictures are also beautiful, I can see you had a great time!!

Tenia Nelson said...

AWESOME card and AWESOME pics!!!

Katie Melhus said...

What a great design - the texture is lovely here! Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Lai-Yoke--what a creative, gorgeous card! I LOVE it! Thanks for sharing your Germany pictures--love that arch!

Rosemary said...

gorgeous card, lai-yoke!! I think the partial embossing turned out perfectly (thanks for the shout out!) and I love that you added little drops of stickles to some of the dots!! your pictures are wonderful, too!

Jessi Fogan said...

The snowflake just glows!
What terrific pictures of your trip! And we had similar weather until yesterday, Friday it was +13C and yesterday it was -8C. What a rude shock! lol

Daria said...

I love the card with the snowflakes die cut from both vellum and kraft cardstock. I also enjoyed seeing your holiday photos.