Friday, 30 January 2015

The Card Concept #27

I was drawn by the ombre inspiration from The Card Concept and immediately I thought of using the MFT Snowdrift Dies for this card.  For this card, I am using the sketch from CAS (E) this Sketch.

I had to puzzle a little with the snowdrift dies to make sure that the dies fit perfectly (not really) with each other.  The border stitched dies is from Lawn Fawn.

The heart shapes are in three layers : vellum, burlap and TH distress glitters.  I wanted to use my new SSS sentiment as it's a thank you card which is die cut in grey.

I am also entering this card into ColourQSSS FlickSSS Work It Wednesday challenges!



Weather has turned into hail since yesterday!  Yesterday, I was cycling from work and was attacked by the hail, ouch!  Luckily, it was only a short distance cycling however, towards the end of the day there was so much hail that the roads were covered in white!  Always worried for those who are cycling especially my children who needs to cycle further away.

Hope your weather is better and stay safe!

16 comments:

Rosemary said...

oh this is totally gorgeous, lai-yoke!! perfect die cutting!

brenda said...

Those dies give a very interesting finish Lai-Yoke, something a little different and nice.

We too had all the hail, not nice at all.

B x

Super Stamp Girl said...

I'm always really fascinated by what looks like the "stitching" on cards. I find that it's a really nice touch, but I've never done it myself. I always think it look too hard. Great job on your V-day card, I love the gradiated colors. Hugs xo

Kara Lynne said...

I love the waves of color! So rich and beautiful! Stay safe!

joy said...

I love this card, Lai-Yoke! The colors are so pleasing together and what a stroke of genius to use the snowdrift dies for the stripes of the sketch.

So glad you didn't have far to cycle in the hail; sounds like a stressful ride home.

Annette Allen said...

wow nicely done.. i totally love it

Greta said...

Wow, wow, wow! One of my favorite cards, Lai-Yoke!

donna mikasa said...

Such a pretty card, Lai Yoke! I love the ombre pattern and how you used the sketch!

laurie said...

I love this! What a fun card. I love all the stitched dies. So happy you joined us at The Card Concept!

Claire said...

What a fabulous way to use those snowdrift dies - it's such a cool background and the transparent heart is just the right amount of detail! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

experimentswithcardmakingetc said...

Love the die-cut background, love the hearts, love everything! Fabulous card!

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!! Love the snowdrfit dies with the ombre and your vellum heart- so creative!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept:-)

Jessi Fogan said...

What a beautiful card! Love the ombre effect and the texture of the different hearts!
And YUCK on cycling in the hail!! Be safe :)

Hannelie said...

Love the different shades of pinks and red!
Thanks for joining us at CAS(E)this sketch!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this! Perfect job combining both challenges!

Monika Reeck said...

I join that both challenges too and you did it so adorable here combo of that colors and combo of different heart soo soo sweett I love this...you made so romantic and beautiful valentine card my friend..hugs, Monika