Friday, 27 February 2015

Flickr co-challenge SSS & Lawn Fawn

Usually, I would say "YAY! It's Friday" but as the week is ending soon which means school/ work will be starting in 3 days' time!

Aiyah! I am glad that I have a week off whereby I could catch-up with several things and also making cards.  First-up, have you heard of the flickr co-challenge with Simon Says Stamp and Lawn Fawn - do check them out over here and here.  It's all about "Get Crafty with Kraft".  

Here is my one-layer card. The base kraft is stamped lightly with MFT Woodgrain and I used the half-die cutting technique with the oval scallop to create the opening.  The die cut is from SSS Small Hello which is adhered onto the scallops.  The butterfly and leaves are from Lawn Fawn Blissful Botanical.  I am using the colour challenge from Color Throwdown and this card will also go into The Kraft Journal.




Thanks for dropping by and have a great weekend!

13 comments:

Barb said...

Everything about this card is awesome, Lai-Yoke! I love the lime green with kraft, the die-cuts look beautiful and the design is so creative! Thank you for playing in the SSS co-challenge with Lawn Fawn!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is amazing.. i love how it opens and how you added the hello.. love it

Kara Lynne said...

This is wonderful! I love the shape and the opening with the hello! I love the bright colors.

Greta said...

This is so cute, Lai-Yoke! Love how you used the scallop die! Still need to get my card done.

brenda said...

Lovely card and design Lai-Yoke.

Apols for the lack of visits, still going through computer/internet nightmares.

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x

Nancy K said...

This card is a beauty! Loving the fresh lime color with kraft! I'm so glad you joined Barb and me for the Lawn Fawn/Simon Says Stamp Co-Challenge!

~Tammy~ said...

So very beautiful! I love the design and the colors! Very happy you shared your beauty with us at The Kraft Journal! I hope you will join us again next week!

Cat's sCrap said...

Original concept and great bucolic design ! I like !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Rosemary said...

super fun card, lai-yoke... love how you did the front fold of the card!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Lai-Yoke. Love the scallop half circles and how it opens up... sweet images. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

Jessi Fogan said...

Absolutely genius! I love the fun opening - and the lime green just says SPRING!

Monika Reeck said...

I love how this card open Lai Yoke and that hello there looks like its a button to lock that door..clever idea and I love the twine there..lovely green card and sweet butterfly from LF really sweeet card my friend
hugs, Monika

Shawna Standish said...

OMG! I just love this card!! The colors are soooo wonderful with the kraft paper!! I am just going to have to CASE this one.. Awesome!!