Thursday, 19 March 2015

Freshly Made Sketches # 178


This week Lizzie Jones from PTI is showing a fun technique called Confetti Cluster stamping.  I am using the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and colour challenge from Colour Me to make this card.  I am also popping this card into Addicted to Stamps.

The base card on both sides are stamped with Reverse Confetti Very Stripey.  The kraft and white cardstock are run thru Lawn Fawn square stitch. 



The butterfly die cut are stamped with PTI Fancy Folk Art and machine-stitched on the border.  A piece of burlap is adhered onto the kraft cardstock followed by the stamped butterfly and a piece of vellum.  A row of sequin is added onto the middle part of the butterfly.


Thank you for taking your time to drop by!


14 comments:

brenda said...

You have such a unique style Lai-Yoke, each and every card you make is a feast for they eyes.

B x

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, lai-yoke... love how you used the sketch and the MIM technique!

Kara Lynne said...

Your stitching is astounding! I've never done well with a sewing machine so I truly admire this! I love your confetti stamping on those wings and the sequin body is WOW!

Greta said...

Beautiful card, Lai-Yoke!

Annette Allen said...

beautiful card.. i love that butterfly

Angel Johns said...

Love the technique and your stitching! I have to pull out my sewing machine and use it! Thanks for joining us at Colour Me!

Amy O said...

I love how you've stitched on the butterfly, and I love the mix of vellum and pretty dsp with the burlap and kraft card stock. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

sandie said...

love the base card stamping and the stitching on the butterfly. Stunning card and thanks for joining us at ATSM

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A clever and sparkling card Lai-Yoke and I love your take on the sketch too.
Thanks for sharing and playing along at ATSM challenge
Sarah x

Monika Reeck said...

I adore the paper you put under the butterfly loks so soft on that colors did you stamped it? so sweet cute little tiny stamp and I adore the vellum butterfly..great stitching too...lovely card my friend..

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Love that sparkly butterfly! Thanks for joining ATSM this week!

Hayley Kew said...

This is truly lovely! What wonderful embellishments :) Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us this week at Colour Me...! Hope to see you around again soon!!!

Jen Timko said...

Very pretty! The combination of textures on this makes it so eye-catching! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Deborah Frings said...

I think this CAS card is just lovely. The butterfly is super. Sorry I'm late commenting, thanks for playing along with ASM!!