Saturday, 25 April 2015

The Mixed Media Card #10

Have you heard of brusho?  It's a very cool medium which you don't really need to do much but giving you a great result.  I was inspired by the talented Brenda, Floral Fantasies from this card.  It was a quick card for her to do but it took me two attempts to create the background that I was finally happy.

Once the background was created, I stamped the PB Delicate Floral in black and heat embossed in clear which was not necessary at all. Then, using distress inks and water, I coloured in the flowers.  The ribbon die cut is from Marianne Design.

I am popping this card into the following challenges : Curtain Call and The Mixed Media Challenge.



A month ago, we replaced our fireplace and it's almost complete now but I would like to share it with you.  Here is before.

During the process....

End result.  We changed from traditional woods burning to gas as we felt that it was safer and easier to maintain. T

The next project will be the replacing the flooring.  Can't decide between wooden floor and tiles.

Have a great Saturday!




9 comments:

shirley-bee said...

Beautiful card, Lai-Yoke! I love that brusho background. Love that fireplace too! ;)

Rosemary said...

your card is just amazing, lai-yoke... that background is so cool! love your new fireplace, too!

Greta said...

Your card is a masterpiece, Lai-Yoke! What a beautiful fireplace!

Nicole Parmentier said...

I got some Brusho at the fair last week but had no idea what to do with it. I think the result in your card is stunning so maybe i have to play with it also! Love it. And your fireplace is also beautiful, must have been a big project but worth the result!!!

maria f. said...

So very pretty. I could look at that artwork for hours! Love the new fireplace too. Thanks for joining us at the MMCC this month.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautiful! I love the background and the stamped flowers on top - just gorgeous! Beautiful fireplace too - such a clever idea to have it on the corner!

Monika Reeck said...

Lai Yoke that BG is AMAZING
like you painted all the card and the flower too
i think you have talent to painting my friend
loveeee the look on this card
you must make more background my friend...this is so adorable and I will not say NO if you send me for my bday card ooops my bday is already done..but you can join my Bday linky party it is still open till 30 April see this link my friend...
And I want to say you change much on your house last time BAD now the Fireplace you have new things all and great modern one...love it..

Monika Reeck said...

This you can deleted this is the bday linky party I mean

http://creativewithmonika.blogspot.de/2015/04/my-birthday-linky-party-open-until-30.html

Love it if my Neighbour Lai Yoke join the fun :)

brenda said...

OH no, so sorry I missed this Lai-Yoke, trouble is when I get into TL work for a new TV programme days go past with me not getting into blogland.

So pleased you told me as this is just beautiful and great use of Brushos.

Your new fireplace is very nice.

B x