Saturday, 4 July 2015

TKJ #230

Today, we visited a friend who lives in the southern part of Holland and the temperature reader in the car kept in rising!  When we arrived at our destination the temperature was 37.5 degrees celcius.  I have never experience such high temperature in Holland before.

Today is also the official kick-off of Tour de France in Utrecht the 4th biggest city in Holland.  It's the 102th tour made up of 21 stages and covers a total of 3360 km.

As the school term is coming to the end, I made a couple of thank you gifts for some of the conceirge/ adminstrative staff who are usually forgotten by parents. This is one of  the few which I made and I went for a match-box suitcase design.  I am going for the colour theme "red/ white/ blue for the colour challenge at The Kraft Journal.

The sentiment die cut is from SSS.  I only die cut the letter "T" in white and the rest in red.



Put some chocolates and made a matching tag.

Thank you for taking time to visit me!

9 comments:

Rosemary said...

you are so thoughtful to make these super cute little gifts, lai-yoke!! and wow... you have been having some very hot weather for sure!! stay cool!

Greta said...

You make the best gift projects, Lai-Yoke! I know these will be so appreciated. Love how you did the white T & the rest red--brilliant!

brenda said...

What a lovely gift idea Lai-Yoke.

We too have the very warm weather and a huge thunder storm as well. Have been watching the Tour on TV, I am a real fan of that and Wimbledon, well all sport really.

B x

Martha said...

What a darling & yummy gift box, Lai-Yoke.
Love all the details.

Kara Lynne said...

I love those tiny suitcases! I love your tag to go with it too! Frankly, I would love the candy too, I'm sure. What a wonderful gift for those who work so hard in the school, but rarely get recognition.

Annette Allen said...

now that is just too fun..

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Visiting from Kraft Journal where I saw your wonderful suitcase creation in Top 3. Like the suitcase creation. Wanted to know if this is made using a Tim Holtz die? Since you indicate matchbox I'm thinking it may be the TH matchbox die but also thought there was a suitcaase die.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Greta said...

Congrats on Top 3--well-deserved!

Monika Reeck said...

I love this koffer
cute
so creative
and I love the THANKS in two colors
really cute creation
LUV THIS MUCH