Monday, 10 August 2015

OLS #19

Hello everyone, we are back from our Scandinavian trip and had a wonderful time.

To start off with my first card after a long break, I chose this challenge over at One-Layer Simplicity to "Strip-Down" not literally but to use mask a strip down the front of your card and stamp away.  Here's my take.

I tore a strip of paper for the "hills" and "sun" and distressed the scene.  Once dry, I stamped PB Winter Berries in Faded Jeans and another time heat embossed in white to create the shadow look.  Lastly, I spritzed with glimmer mist.



I am still sorting out my photos and will post them once they are ready.  Thanks for dropping by and have a good day!

7 comments:

Tish said...

Beautiful. Love the wonderful masking you did with the contrast of the berries in front. Can you tell us what color you used for the hills?
Thanks.
Tish

Annette Allen said...

Oh I bet you had a great time.. I hear Scandinavian is gorgeous..
This card is so pretty..

Mac Mable said...

Love the colours and the creativity of this card. The shadow effect is just gorgeous, love your card x

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, lai-yoke! sounds like you had a lovely trip... looking forward to seeing the photos!

Kara Lynne said...

Oh my, this is just so beautiful! So much depth all in a one-layer card! Just amazing, I am pinning this!

Greta said...

Wow--you're back with a vengeance, my friend--gorgeous scene!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh wooowww
I loveee this
double stamp with black and white
and that background looks adorable...looks like painting on your card...great Layout
and GREAT STUNNING card Lai Yoke..
hugs, Monika