Monday, 13 July 2015

ABNH July

I can't resist playing with this wonderful photo inspiration from A Blog Named Hero before my trip.

I was inspired by all the colours.  For this card, I used the water mist technique on the acrylic block after applying several colours on it.  Love how the vibrant colours turned and I stamped PB Divine once the watercolour cardstock is dry.  Then, I dipped a thin brush in bleach and brushed over the flowers.

Slowly, the flowers turned into white - ta na!  Distressed all the edges and applied some black sequins.  The sentiment is from HA Everyday Saying which is heat embossed in white on the black cardstock. The mini butterfly is from HA Antique Engraving which I hardly used but somehow it seems appropriate here.

I am also entering this card into Craft Stamper and Penny Black Saturday challenges.



Thanks for dropping by and have a good summer holiday!

17 comments:

Greta said...

Beautifully designed card, Lai-Yoke--love the colors & the look of the bleach painted flowers! So happy you joined us at PBSC!

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card... Love those Bright zingy colours...
Thanks for joining us at PBSC this Month
Hugs Sylvie x

Rosemary said...

what a cool looking card, lai-yoke!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Prachtig!!!!!!

Linda said...

Gorgeous project .... love the bright colours in the background, really makes the white pop! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

Ellie Knol said...

Happy you're with us in the TIMI challenge from the Craft Stamper. Gorgeous project!
xxx Ellie Knol xxx

Happy Cardmaking said...

Nice card! I didn´t think about the bleach when I saw it! Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero. isa

Niki G said...

Wow this is gorgeous! Love your take on our rainbow inspired challenge!! Thanks for playing with us over at A Blog Named Hero.

Darnell J Knauss said...

Wow, this is so vibrant and gorgeous, Lai-Yoke! I hope you are enjoying your summer holiday!! Hugs, Darnell

NGCARDS said...

This is a lovely floral creation, very eye catching! Thanks for playing at PBSC! xxx

Jessi Fogan said...

WOW! This is just stunning, the bright colours, the bleach effect, and that lovely sentiment!

shirley-bee said...

Gorgeous card - love the vibrant background. Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper:)

Cat's sCrap said...

Wonderful realization ! Bravo !

Hugs.

Helen said...

Wonderful card! Love the effect you've achieved...I must try 'colouring' with bleach!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Monika Reeck said...

I really looveee the soft color behind the flower
so magic so soft and I think I cant managed like you did
adorable add of the sequin too and that sentiment I have too hehe my old collection..that tiny butterfly I have too
sweet beautifull card Lai Yoke..
hugs, Monika

maria f. said...

Eyecatching! What a technique.

Daria said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for sharing the details.