Sunday, 21 February 2016

Craft Stamper Feb 2016


I am a ColourQ Coutiers!

************************************************
I am back!!  School is having a week break this week which give me sometime to go back into the blogging and making some cards again.

I am combining this card into two challenges which are at ColourQ by using black/ white with a spot of colour and at Craft Stamper which is all about "text".

This poppy might look familiar to some of you - it's from PB Divine set.  The original set comes with two poppies only and I added the third one to fill-up the space!

I thought, besides colouring onto this big space, I could also stamped some text onto it - I used HA Newspaper Background stamp.  I did some paper-pieced on this project.  The background splatters are from SU Grundge.  I decided to pop my colour on the leaves.


I added some glossy accents on the leaves to give it a little morning dew look.

Today, is the fifth day that I lost my voice.  The first three days was the worst as I could barely talked just because I had to work with the children. 

As it was towards the end of the second term, we had a bake and sale at school.  I had to bake some cookies with the 4-5 years old children.  As you could imagined already, how could I work without talking to them so, I had to force myself with my whisper voice to give some instructions.  I tried to explain to them that I lost my voice - but they just stared at me and gave me a look "why are you whispering, Ms. Lai Yoke?"!  There was one boy who just whispered to me just because I whispered to them!  At times, it's fun to work with this little children as you don't know what to expect from them.  

So much for the week and I hope my voice will be back soon!  Have a great Sunday!


7 comments:

brenda said...

What a super way to use the PB stamp Lai-Yoke, it looks so effective with te text stamped into the petals.

Hope your voice comes back soon, lots of bugs going round it seems, I too have one of them although do still have a voice - at the minute anyhow.

B x

Rosemary said...

your card is absolutely gorgeous, lai-yoke!! love the newsprint poppies and the little pops of green!! I hope that your voice returns soon!!

Greta said...

So funny the little boy whispered back! Hope your voice is back soon & glad you have a week off, Lai-Yoke! Your card is just brilliant! Never would have thought to use the leaves for the pop of color & I love it! Great job with the GA for dew drops, too!

Nicole Parmentier said...

What a great idea to paperpiece these flowers! Love your card!! Enjoy your holidays, hope your voice will be better soon!!

Annette Allen said...

yay for bake sales.. sorry you lost your voice.. not fun

Your card is totally gorgeous.. love those flowers.

Linda said...

Gorgeous card ..... I love this PB stamp and it looks so good with the added text. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge. Linda xx

Monika Reeck said...

oh I love that newspaper flower
and only a bi green on it
cool and sweet and love your technique
will CASE ing this may I
this is soo adorable Lai Yoke
love your paper piecing idea
hugs
Monika