Wednesday, 11 May 2016

ABNH

 **** UPDATED : ABNH SHOUTOUT ****

*****************************************************************

This is my second week off and I am treasuring every moment of it.  I did a lot of spring cleaning - OMG!  Everything is so dusty!

Have you heard about the latest challenge over at ABNH - all about Tone on Tone!  It was kind of a challenge to me as I took awhile to figure to make a reasonable card.

One thing I like about ABNH is that they encourage using old HA stamps and I decided to pull out HA Starburst Lace.  My tone on tone stamping is simply by using black ink on the black background and a contrast HA unicorn ink.  The sentiment is heat embossed in white on a torn vellum.

I would like to pop this card into the following challenge Stamping SensationsHouse of CardsCASology and CAS-ual Fridays.



Here are some more of the tulips photos which I promised a few days ago.  Have you seen this colour before - it is dark purple.

I love this shocking pink...


 DH behind the scene!

Hope you have enjoyed the rest of the tulips and I am going back to creating cards again....WOOHOO!

17 comments:

brenda said...

I always think tone on tone cards looks so smart Lai-Yoke and the vellum strip sentiment works very nicely, doing that sometime soon is on my to do list. It's also nice to revisit old stamps. A great card fort our challenge, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

And thank you for sharing more Tulip photos, I really enjoy seeing them.

B x

Rosemary said...

lovely tone on tone card, lai-yoke!! the photos of the tulips are so beautiful!!

Greta said...

Gorgeous, elegant card, Lai-Yoke & what beautiful tulips! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Hannelie said...

Thanks again for the beautiful pictures!!!
Your card with torn vellum looks superb!
Thanks for joining CASology!

Mynn Kitchen said...

WOW--this is another amazing creation! I adore the torn vellum--the texture is wonderful! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

channin said...

This card is stunning!! I love your tone and tone stamping and your torn vellum sentiment! Thanks for CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!!

Merlina Hadi said...

Great card.
Thank for sharing at House of Cards, and good luck.

Hugs,
Merlina-HoC

Kreative Kymona said...

Hey Lai-Yoke!! I love this white on black card so pretty! I also love your vellum that is torn. Nicely done. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

Karen L K said...

Nice card! Thanks for sharing the tulips photos.

Martha said...

Lai-Yoke, what a lovely card this is. I love how you used the stamp.

And, I love the photos of the tulips.

Kara Lynne said...

Your gorgeous, tone on tone card is amazing! I love your choice of tones and stamps. The vellum is the perfect artistic touch!

pinky said...

Very striking and loving the vellum. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Ali said...

What a stunning card! Love your use of black on black. Thank you for joining A Blog Named Hero's tone on tone challenge!!

Greta said...

Congrats on the shout out at ABNH!

Monika Reeck said...

woooww I love your tulips picture soo adorable Lai Yoke
and I never bought that medalion Image from Hero arts so versatile and on your card looks so amazing love this kind of color combo can be a manly or girly card
adorable tear paper too

Susan Renshaw said...

Elegant card!
Thank you for sharing with House of Cards!
Susan
DT for HOC
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Katarzyna Ewa said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing your project with all of us at House of Cards May challange 'Clear papers'

Katarzyna Ewa

my candy
DT craftyenjoyments.co.uk
House of Cards Blog Hop 1-15.06.2016