Friday, 6 May 2016

PTI MIM #247

I made this card for my father as his hearing is getting poorer.  Everytime, I call home, he could barely hear me and I had to shout at the top of my voice.  Three days ago, when I called him, I spent 5 minutes explaining that it was me and he still could not get me until my mum took over!

Therefore, I decided that I should go back to the old fashion way to communication by sending him a card.

At PTI MIM, Melissa showed us some fun with watercolouring.  For this card, I used PTI A Little Agryle which I used it for the background stamping.  The tree is from PTI Father Knows Best which is stamped on watercolour cardstock and heat embossed in white.  Then, I used TH distress inks to watercolour the image and did some sprinkling.  Lastly, I added some clear sequins.



Weather has been very nice the last few days and it's going to continue for the next days....  

Yesterday, DH and I decided to go cycling to look for fields of tulips which we always do almost every year!  We cycled about 17.5km knowing what is ahead of us until we saw this.... and I thought, I still need to go home.....


We missed the season-my heart sank!  Then we cycled a little bit further to look around and found these.  These are nothing as compared to previous years but I was happy with them.


The fully bloomed tulips.

At the far end whereby you see the greens, they should have been colours!

 A peep inside the orange tulip


I will be back to show you more of the tulips of different colours soon.  Hope you enjoyed the tulips and thanks for dropping by!



12 comments:

Skrater said...

What a lovely card and I know your father will appreciate it, nothing like the written word.
Thank you for sharing the pictures of the tulips. I didn't see where you took the photo but my Dutch friend always told me how they would cut down all the beautiful flowers to get just the bulbs and you could get so many tulips for super cheap. They are some of my favorite flowers and so expensive in the US,.

Have a wonderful day.

Rosemary said...

wonderful card for your dad, lai-yoke!! I'm sorry that he is having trouble with his hearing!! love the photos of the tulips... they are so beautiful!!!

brenda said...

A lovely card and design Lai-Yoke and what splendid photos of the Tulip fields, I always appreciate you sharing them.

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x

Marcia HIll said...

What a beautiful card for your dad and definitely a perfect way to communicate with him! And your tulip photos are gorgeous!! :0)

Joyce Casaldi said...

I'm so jealous of all those tulips! I've been looking for some to plant but haven't found any yet.
My Dad is the same way, and doesn't like his hearing aid. Lovely card, I'm sure he will love it!

lainey said...

What a lovely Father's Day card and I'm sure your dad will just love it. Another dad here with hearing issues, although not as bad as your dad's (yet...). Wow, what beautiful tulips!!

Greta said...

What a great bicycle trip & wonderful pictures, even if they weren't the usual. Thanks for sharing, Lai-Yoke!

Nicole Parmentier said...

I saw that MIM video and really wanted to try this. Your card is fabolous, I love the outcome of this technique and the quote you added.
Lovely photo's also, glad you still found some ones still in bloom!

Cindy Boney said...

Beautiful card!! Your dad will love it!!!

I know what you are going through...we had the same issue with my dear MIL. Beautiful tulips, too!! So glad you found some on your trip!

Martha said...

Lai-Yoke, what a lovely card & fabulous quote.

Love all the beautiful photos you've shared.

Monika Reeck said...

I love the diamond paper on your card Lai Yoke
so feminin and soft color on your card
If me I will make a manly card with that DP but you made a beautiful card with that DP and feminin too
Lai Yoke nice fotos and love those tulips
we know each other maybe since 2009 or 2010
I plan at 20-27 August to Holland but near Rheine (German area)/Munster...if you like to go there with family I would love to meet you in person...I will email you the place name it is a holiday Park in Holland...
Lai Yoke I will be so happy to see you in real life :)
hugs
Monika

Monika Reeck said...

I did not see the sentiment is for DAD ooh shame on me
adorable manly card then for your card hehehe