Sunday, 6 March 2011

An idea in yellow (2) - Tuesday Trigger


This is my second card for Tuesday Trigger.  This is a one-layer card and I've made this design before and I just fell in love with it.  For this card, I've used HA Antique Engravings with the technique of masking on a one layer card.  The butterflies are stamped several times along the edge and I cut out the shape of the butterflies edges.  I used copics and pro-markers to colour the butterflies and applied glossy accents on them to lift up the images. 

The sentiment is from Stampin up and this time I've stamped it inside the card and made a frame on the front card!  I've also made a matching envelope with this card.


Back and inside of the envelope

Front of the envelope

This card also enters into The Play Date Cafe

10 comments:

susanne said...

Lovely take on the challenge! I love your use of yellow with black, the butterflies are gorgeous!

Lin said...

I do love this design - beautiful in yellow!

onecraftymama said...

Oh my goodness, this is beautiful! I can see a Target badge coming your way this week :) I love the use of white space & that perfect amount of glitter!

Michelle said...

This card is out of this world!! GORGEOUS!!!!

Cath said...

Hey Lai-Yoke! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Rae said...

Gorgeous card and envelope!

Colleen Dietrich said...

That is one dramatic, clean and simple card! It's truly beautiful. THanks for playing with us at the play DAte CAfe!

Jaclyn Miller said...

oh wow - I am in love and speechless. Just amazing. Thanks so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

Ruby said...

This is beautiful! I just LOVE how you've done the envelope to match, so so pretty! Thanks for joining in the fun over at the Play Date Cafe!

Brenda said...

What a really pretty design Lai-Yoke! Love those butterflies and they look superb on the envelope too!