Tuesday, 27 September 2011

French Window

I was very much inspired by the french windows which prompted me to make this card - ok it's not 100% french but I tried to. 

The background stamp is from HA Slanted Tree which is heat embossed in white .  Then I distressed the white cardstock in broken china and faded jeans.  Size of the window frame is about 5,5cm x 7cm.  The window is also heat embossed in white with HA Woodgrain.  I felt that the frame was a little too empty and decided to add the "lock" on it.  To add a little more touch to the window, I decided to hang the sentiment with some twine which I received from Emily L.

Lastly, I added some embellishment randomly on the tree.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges : Hero Arts, Stampalot



10 comments:

Lisa said...

What a beautiful window card!! This is absolutely stunning Lai-Yoke! Thiose ink colors work so so nicely together!!

onecraftymama said...

Oh Lai-Yoke, how very gorgeous! I love the embossing, all the sparkles, the fabulous woodgrain...and how amazing is the window?? So very fun & creative!

Barb said...

Fantastic, Lai-Yoke! Wow! That window looks amazing! Love the way it latches shut! Beautiful card!

pinky said...

What a gorgeous idea and so love the finished card. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Clare *Littlebear* said...

This is beautiful Lai-Yoke. The woodgrain embossing on the window looks great!
Thank you for joining our "It's a Frame Up" challenge at Sir Stampalot.
Clare x

Sue said...

Gorgeous window card literally Lai- Yoke.
Smiles:)

joy said...

How fabulous! This is definitely a winner in my book, Lai-Yoke! The white on white woodgrain is genius - you go girl!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Lai-Yoke this window is constructed perfectly. Wonderful closure and great sparkle.

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Emily Leiphart said...

This is stunning, Lai Yoke! You are the queen of that woodgrain background. I love the twiney touch. ;D