Monday, 21 November 2011

Bookmark

A good friend of mine will be sent on a foreign assignmentfor 2-3 years to Saudi in December.  She loves cooking and as a farewell gift, I gave her a cooking book and made this apron shaped bookmark.

As she loves pink, I thought this would suit her most.  The friendship stamp is from Lawn Fawn which is heat embossed in pink and the cutlery is from HA Kiss the Cook.  This is the first time that I used buttons on my cards - as many of you know that I design and sew bags, I realised that I do not have many buttons and decided to recycled some buttons from the old clothings!

The card enters into the following challenges : Annabelle Stamps and Paper Play Challenges



A couple of days ago, we had freezing weather and this is the weather since yesterday which will probably last till tomorrow.  I think I will hibernate for the rest of the day!  Thank you for dropping by! 

Taken this morning at 0800 hours

Taken this morning at 1000 hours

11 comments:

Barb said...

We had the same looking weather last week, Lai-Yoke - hibernation is a good thing! Love this adorable bookmark! So fun and so creative! Your friend will love it! :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

I'm sure your friend will cherish this lovely gift! Thanks so much for joining us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Lisa said...

That weather looks nasty! I think I'd be hibernating indoors as well :)
You apron marker is adorable, recycled buttons and all!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Lai-Yoke you really make people feel special by sharing your work with them and you always make sure each piece reflects the person's personality.

Sue W said...

Thanks for entering your lovely card in AnnaBelle's challenge this week Lai-Yoke........Your weather looks sooooo cold!!!

nicoleqmullen said...

What a cute little gift for your friend! Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!!

onecraftymama said...

Brrrr....our weather is getting really wintery also - minus 11 Celsius today, and 15-25 cm of snow on the way tomorrow. Ick. I'm going to hibernate too!
I love this pretty bookmark, especially those fun flower buttons!

Julie M said...

Super idea for a food-loving friend, Lai-Yoke - I love the apron shape!

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

AnnaBelle Stamps Blog said...

This is a wonderful gift idea!!
TFS with AnnaBelle Stamps this week :)
Andrea

Sue said...

this is amazing, a gorgeous partner for the cookbook! great work with the button and the recycling!!
Thanks for sharing at AnnaBelle's this week! :)

Brenda said...

Love this apron marker Lai-yoke! You are so creative! Thanks for sharing those photos! It sure looks very cold! Hibernate for sure!