Friday, 10 August 2012

Monochromatic card

******  EDITED ******
 
TOP 5 AT YOUNG CRAFTERS UNITE
 
***********************************************************************************
 
Happy Friday (it's towards the end of Friday for me already)!

This is my first card after one month break and I cannot resist trying the button technique from Kelly. 


This time I used a monochromatic theme for this card and trying to keep it CAS too.  All the buttons and circles are stamped with different HA background stamps, die cut and clear heat embossed.  As usual, I am using my favourite sentiment set from HA Everyday Saying.

I am entering this card into the following challenge : Young Crafters Unite, A Blog Named Hero, CAS-ual Fridays
Wishing you a lovely weekend


17 comments:

joy said...

This card is drop-dead gorgeous, Lai-Yoke! The colors just pop! And, I love the white frame around the design with that unique edge. Great card!!!

Annette said...

woohoo Lai Yoke is back...Your first card is AWESOME...i love that little design you created...super cute..

onecraftymama said...

So cool! I love the stitched border, and the buttons are so much fun! Cool layout too - I especially love the 'button-in-a-circle' piece, and the fun postage die :)

Barb said...

Sooo cute, Lai-Yoke! Love all the different patterns!

maria mcclure said...

Super fun card, Lai-Yoke! and thanks for the Flickr tips via e-mail today.

Lisa said...

I love the die shape for the card firstly- and the buttons in all those different patterns are so fun! Stitching was a nice touch!
Good to see you back Lai Yoke :)

Miss V said...

OMG! this card is sooooo marketable and someone should sign a contract with you immediately! Excellent work!

Virginia L. said...

Hi Lai-Yoke! This card is totally fun! Love the pretty colors and the fun use of diecut! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Brenda said...

Oh I totally love this design Lai-Yoke and those pretty pink colors are superb!

Cat's sCrap said...

I like ! Beautiful embellishments. Fabulous layout. Wonderful realization. Bravo !

Hugs from France.
Cath.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Colorful and fun! The die-cut card base mimics the shapes of the buttons and creates a fantastic visual element!

Melissa Shea said...

Love all the colors! What a fun card! Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero!

Arielle ~ SnappyStamper said...

Super adorable! I love the colors and all those circles!!! Great card!

Greta said...

Such a cute & clever card, Lai-Yoke!

Angie Tieman said...

Great card! Love all the circles and pinkness! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Chunyuan said...

awesome button card. Thanks for joining YCU.

Dana said...

WOW WOW WOW! This is smashing! I love the postage stamp edges, they really tie in well with the buttons and circles.
Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)