Friday, 9 November 2012

Mix of Lawn Fawn & Hero Arts

A few weeks ago,  Hero Arts and Lawn Fawn had a holiday blog swap.  Taking this opportunity, I made this christmas card using both stamps and some leftover christmas tree die cuts from last year.  

I love to make cards which involve acetate and today's card inspiration is from Cristina, My Inky Corner who is also one of the DTs from A Blog Named Hero.  

The acetate is stamped in white StazOn with HA snowflakes.  Die cut the icicles for the upper border and swept with glue for the glitters.  I am not so happy with the result of the glitters as a lot did not stick onto the die cut.  The bottom border is stamped with an old set from HA and heat embossed with white powder.  The inner card is stamped with HA Envie stamp.  The deer and the santa hat are from Lawn Fawn.  

I was happy with the first card and thought I should make a second one with a different colour!  I am entering this set into Lawnscaping ChallengeHero ArtsPenny Black and MoreA Blog Named Hero


If you can see that some of the glitters fell off....


Here is my second......


I like this design so much so that I decided to make another one but with different colours and added the beer instead of reindeer.  Isn't the beer looks adorable?


Ok... another one.  Sorry about this!


This is the total package that I made for today and I was covered with glitters too!


Thank you for dropping by and I shall leave you with this adorable bear....


19 comments:

Annette said...

aww you have done such a great job..these are outstanding and i love all the fun colors...LOVE them ALL...

Happy Friday..enjoy your weekend..

Linby said...

These are lovely, especially the glittery icicles. I like the purple one the best, but that is my fav colour!
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
Lynn x
DT

brenda said...

A really gorgeous design Lai-Yoke and so difficult to pick a favourite, I really like the pink one but think the green one is just ahead.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

B x

Cat's sCrap said...

I like all these realizations ! Original choice of colours. Everything in simplicity. Bravo !

I't a magnificent series.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

joy said...

Love thse colorful and sparkly cards, Lai-Yoke! I cana tell you had a lot of fun making them, too. I'm sure I would also have glitter from head to toe if I were making these!

Lisa said...

Another fab card set! You are so creative with all your designs and I love how you changed up the colors :)

linda said...

i love the glitter, the layouts with the acetate and all the different colours! thank you so much for sharing another lovely creation with us at the penny black and more challenge this month.
linda

Greta said...

You are just the best at interesting, cute cards, Lai-Yoke! What a terrific set--just love them!

Brenda said...

Wow Lai-Yoke! These are superb! Love the little LF critters!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Cool designs! Love your cards!
Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping, hugs, Karin

Cris said...

Wow! What a great set! I love them all! the icicles are just super cute!!!!x

brenda said...

Hello again Lai-Yoke, when I visited the other evening I totally missed you had entered our challenge.

So as you can guess I'm all behind with my DT commenting, so a rather belated thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

B x

lenny said...

Great set of cards!!
And indeed LF & HA: a great combo!!
Nice job!!

Jessi Fogan said...

You rock the acetate, Lai-Yoke! The snowflakes on acetate are beyond gorgeous, and I love all the different colours - and the icicles! So sweet :)

Christiana said...

Cute card set! The purple one with the polar bear is my favorite. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Laurel said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE! This is amazing! I love all your cards! Loving the snow and the polar bear! The snowflake background is gorgeous as well!

I am so happy you played along with us at Lawnscaping!!!

Kailash said...

Congrats Lai- Yoke for your honorable gnome mention at Lawnscaping. Your cards are lovely!!!

Lynnette said...

This set of cards is so sweet,colors are lovely and festive

susiestacey said...

Such a pretty collection of cards, love all the sparkle.
Thank you for joining the Penny Black and More @ Allsorts Any Die Will Do challenge and good luck x Susan x