Thursday, 17 January 2013

TAW Be Inspired #19

Thank you so much for all your caring words from my last blog.  It has been a hectic week for me this week as this is the first time that I am working as a full time assistant at school - only for one week! (Yeah!  I have extra money to spare for a few more new stamps with so many new releases coming up - hope DH is not reading this)! The last time that I worked full time was 20 years ago.

Again, I have this last minute card to share which was made last week.  Here is the inspiration photo from TAW Be Inspired Challenge.



I love my new stamps from The Alley Way Stamps - Background Check and Adorable Seamates. I stamped the Background Check on a white cardstock and cut them into four banners.  The seal is stamped onto a stamped background, heat embossed and paperpieced.  Isn't he/ she adorable!  I am sending this card to Cards from the Heart Card Drive.  I am also entering this card into Penny Black and MorePurple Onion Designs

Thank you for dropping by!


11 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

This is so fun, Lai-Yoke! The patterned walrus is too funky, and I just love the banners at the top :) Awesome!

joy said...

Oh, my, Lai-Yoke! This is just the cutest image and I love your banners across the top! Believe me, I can sympathize with you - there are so many new things out and I really must be very frugal with my crafting dollars. But, this hobby is still the best therapy for anyone's money isn't it?? LOL

brenda said...

Hello Lai-Yoke,

I'm just catching up on what I missed this week whilst I have a few days off and see you not been too well, I really do hope you're feeling better now.

Also that you're coping with the snow, it sounds like rather a lot. We have had some but not much as you, but it still tends to bring the UK to a standstill as we are never prepared.

This is a very happy and cheerful card, a lovely rich colour palette and nice paper piecing.

It's really lovely to see you at Penny Black and More challenge, thanks so much for joining in.

B x

Linby said...

This is cute. I love the banners.
thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
Lynn x
DT

Kim S said...

Oh my gosh - that stamp is so goofy-cute to begin with but with all of those orange patterns, he is over-the-top charming! So glad to see you at The Alley Way Stamps BE Inspired Challenge.

Brenda said...

That seal is really making me laugh Lai-Yoke! Wishing you a good week at work, you are very brave!

Greta said...

This is absolutely darling, Lai-Yoke! Love the images & your banners & everything!

susiestacey said...

Lovely card/
Thank you for joining in the 'Love is in the Air' Challenge over at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

linda said...

ah, this checkered walrus makes me smile; he's so bright and i love the different sized banners. thanks so much for playing along again with our 'love is in the air' theme at penny black and more this month.
linda

*Alison* said...

oh my goodness.. LOVE the banners.. so creative :)
Thanks so much for playing along with at The Alley Way Stamps Challenge 19.. can't wait to see what you make with Challenge 20..
hugs-Ali

Elizabeth Allan said...

The sunny yellow warms the heart. Very cute!