Friday, 11 January 2013

PS Challenge 7-13 Jan

Happy Friday everyone.  It's trend watch challenge over at Paper Smooches Sparks  and Flonzcraft with the theme vintage.


Here is my take on the vintage.  The background is stamped with several PS sets with distress ink antique linen in all directions.  Again, the cardstock is distressed with antique linen and vintage photo and the edge is distressed as well!  Adhere the background onto a dark cardstock.



I used the HA Woodgrain which is stamped with archival aqua marine (my new ink) onto a white cardstock.  Stamped PS Boob Tubes onto the woodgrain, heat embossed and distressed with vintage photo. The sentiment on the tv is from Unity Stamp which is also heat embossed.

I am donating this card to Winter Wonderland who is collecting Valentine Cards for children in the hospital.  Woohoo!  I am off to make a few more valentine's cards as I don't usually have a reason to make them.

13 comments:

brenda said...

Good morning Lai-Yoke,

I don't think I've seen you do vintage before, but you do very well yet still retain a little of your unique style.

Your card would fit well into our FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping challenges, this month our theme is an open one.

B x

Brenda said...

Firstly I adore the colour combo and that gorgeous TV that you heat embossed! But most of all, that you are so caring and donating this card and others to such a great cause! Hugs to you! xxx

Hilde van Rijnsoever said...

Mooi geworden Lai-Yoke! Ik vind de tv erg leuk. Hoop dat ik er nog aan toe kom, ik lig met griep op bed, hopen dat de koorts snel weggaat! Liefs

Annette said...

Happy Friday sweet friend.. Hope you have an awesome fun weekend.. I am off to CHA tomorrow..woohoo...

Your card is adorable..love the stamped background and the embossing..great card..

Barb said...

What a fun and cute card, Lai-Yoke! Love the television image and the sweet, little hearts!

Jingle said...

Very pretty card! I love the embossing!

Sue C said...

Lovely card, the background is great and I love the message in the TV ! Thanks for joining us at VSC. Sue C x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

You've created a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenge.

brenda said...

I'm so pleased you linked up Lai-Yoke, as I said before your creation is perfect for our theme.

Thanks so much sharing with us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping challenges this month.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

B x

Greta said...

Pretty & unique! This will make a child happy!

Kanan Pandya said...

Lovely card, Lai-Yoke. Love the vintage look of this card and that little TV is so cute,the kids are going to love this. :-)

Jessi Fogan said...

I love the word background - that's so clever! I must try that :)

Lori said...

Fun vintage style design! Love your text background and the sentiment inside the TV. Thanks for joining us for the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!