Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Seize the Birthday #8

"It's a beautiful day, the sun is shinning, I feel good..." by Queen.  Does this sounds familiar to you?  It has been playing on my head ever since our trip from the seal creche.  Here is the song from Queen himself (you tube).


Yes, it's lovely spring day today with full blast of sunshine with temperature of about 14 degrees celcius - it's just amazing that the weather can play such a role in your life.  I could feel that everybody has a smiley face on the street and the bulbs are peeking out already in our garden.



Here is another happy card by using the sketch from Seize the Birthday and the stamp set from The Alley Way Stamps. The background is stamped with neon green with The Alley Way Stamps Background Check and the seal from Sea Mates.  The banners are handcut and I used a felt for the green die-cut.

As this is a green and masculine card, I am also entering this into Die-Cut DivasPenny Black at All Sorts and Scrapbooker's Paradise.

Wishing you a lovely sunny day!

22 comments:

Barb said...

Love all the pretty lime green, Lai-Yoke, and that walrus is adorable!

brenda said...

OH thank you so much Lai-Yoke, I've just spent a few lovely minutes listening to Queen.

Not that I don't most days as I usually have them on in the car, if not them it's Verdi opera.

I adore their music, there have never been another voice like Freddy's, I only ever saw them live one at Wembley and it was just amazing.

And yes, the sun has been shining here as well today.

Nearly forgot, what a great card.

B x

Annette said...

how cute cute cute... I am loving all the green and i love his eyes...so cute..

Monika Reeck said...

aha...cute Images and lovely green card dear...hugs

Kanan Pandya said...

This is super cute, Lai-Yoke. Love those eyes and color combo. :-)

Stacey Schafer said...

how cute! those googly eyes and lime green are fantastic!

joy said...

So, so adorable, and so, so GREEN! Sure does look like spring to me. Love this, Lai-Yoke!

Cat's sCrap said...

Tooo Cuttttteeeee ! I like !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Greta said...

Absolutely adorable card, Lai-Yoke! Green is not my favorite color, but I love this card!

Rose said...

love the felt and eyes!!! So glad you joined us on Seize the Birthday.

KayM said...

Oh my how cute!! I love the googly eyes!! Such a fun card! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday this week! :)

Jessi Fogan said...

I love Queen :) Listening to that song right now!
I love the googly eyes on the walrus - that lime embossing is too cool! You should pop it in the Scrapbooker's Paradise challenge this week too - green :)

Arlene said...

Adorable card. Great background and that walrus is just toooooooooo cute!

Dawn said...

Such a bright and cheery card! I love those googly eyes and your fun stamped background. Thanks so much for Playing in Paradise this week. Hope to see you again soon.

Hugs, Dawn

Hannah F said...

Cool Card! Thanks for playing along with us on the DCD blog.

Linda Pekrul said...

Oh gosh, this is so CUTE and CHEERFUL! Love the walrus and great thinking to use felt for the die cut. It looks great! Thank you so much for joining us at Playing in Paradise this week!

Allison said...

Just darling image...love the felt BG too! Thanks for playing with us at Scrapbooker's Paradise!

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Dawn Turley said...

what an awesome card Lai-Yoke. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's.

Sally said...

What an adorable card, Lai-Yoke! The walrus is so cute and love the background you created!

susiestacey said...

A great card, just perfect for the challenge.
Thank you for joining in 'One For The Boys' challenge over at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

paula laird said...

Lai-Yoke this is so cute! I love how you put this card together & combined the challenges. What a fun card. Thank you for playing along with us at Die Cut Divas