Friday, 1 March 2013

CASED - GG Creations



My blog friend Greta - GG Creations is celebrating her 1st blogversary and in honour of it she is holding a challenge.  We are challenged to CASE one of her cards from last year.  I have chosen this card from her.

I love how the envelope style of this card and a monochromatic card + white!  As I do not have the shape which she used, I used a different diecut but replaced the circles by using a stamp set from Waltzing Mouse - Large Doilies.

As spring is coming (hoping), I have chosen yellow for this card.  The doilies are heat embossed in white on the yellow cardstock and a piece of candi is inked with HA neon yellow.  I am loving my neon colours! The little sentiment is also from Waltzing Mouse Jar Fillers.

I hope you can join us with this challenge as there is still plenty of time till the 10th March.  Check out her wonderful and inspirational cards here.  Thank you Greta for organising this fun challenge.

This card also enters in Simon Says Stamps.  Thank you for dropping by and wishing you a lovely Friday!



15 comments:

Sandy Ang said...

So pretty ! love the embossed background and that lacy doily effect

brenda said...

The inspirational card is pretty Lai-Yoke, but your take on it is totally delightful from the soft colours and embossing to that lovely bow.

B x

Lin said...

This is SO pretty, Lai Yoke! Love the soft yellow and the doily design!

Barb said...

That creamy yellow looks gorgeous, Lai-Yoke! Beautiful CASE of Greta's card!

Jessi Fogan said...

Totally gorgeous, Lai-Yoke! I love the yellow, and the envelope style is so pretty. Love that doily!!

Brenda said...

Oh how beautiful Lai-Yoke! Love that yellow and the awesome embossing!

Cat's sCrap said...

Magnificent project. Simple and elegant. Perfect knot. Beautiful embossing. Bravo !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

laughadaisy said...

This is adorable. ;-) I love all the lovely embossing, and the colors are delightful. Beautiful job! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. ;-)

Greta said...

Wowzer--Oh what a fantastic card, Lai-Yoke! I will have to CASE you now! Thanks so much for celebrating my blogiversary--I really appreciate your friendship & encouragement.

Annette said...

oh my word your card is GORGEOUS... i love all the yellow and the embossing..perfect..

Lisa said...

This is really gorgeous! Love all the embossing and that yellow ribbon is especially pretty :) XX

Sue said...

Hello Lai-Yoke
My goodness this card is just absolutely beautiful, it is a warm friendly palette in sunny Yellow. Your embossing adds magnificent texture and interest, Greta will be so thrilled with your interpretation, as I am.
This is a stunning card.
Smiles:)
Sue

Kanan Pandya said...

Lovely colors and great embossing, Lai-Yoke. :-)

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Wow! Gorgeous card!! Love the yellow and white combo! Fabulous design!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Barb Ghig said...

Your card is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love the yellow and white and the doily is just beautiful! I'm sure Greta is thrilled with your interpretation :-)