Friday, 20 June 2014

Lawnscaping Stars & Stripes


** RUNNER UP AT MAKE THE DAY SPECIAL CARDS **
************************************************

Stars and stripes combining with the sketch challenge for today's card at Lawnscaping Challenge and Make the Day Special Cards.

I am using three sets of Lawn Fawn stamps namely : Critters in the Snow, Critters at the Dog Park and Critters Down Under.

For today's card I combined the first two stamps together to give this fun sentiment.

I have a birch tree in my front yard and the pieces of "skins" (I don't know what is the proper word for this) are falling off and I thought I should collect a small piece as you never know when you might use it. Wa-laa!  Today, I used the "skin" for the tree.

As the "skin" is rather flimsy, I glued it onto a cardstock to make it strong and heat embossed it and fussy cut it.  Love how it turned out with a bit of nature on this card.

Birch tree "skin"

The stars are die cut and added white spots along them.  As for the stripes, I did partial dry embossing onto the cardstock.  Both the dogs are coloured with distress inks with water.


 Inside 

Thanks for dropping by and have a great day!

6 comments:

Petti said...

Very pretty!

Cat's sCrap said...

Wonedrful card. The inside is also beautiful as the ouside. Bravo !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Craftilicious said...

What a great idea to use real bark (tree skin) to make your tree! Thanks so much for taking the time to enter our challenge - I love your take on our sketch this month.

Tara
Make the Day Special Stamp Store

Greta said...

Amazing, Lai-Yoke! You make absolutely the best cards! How neat to use the bark from your tree!

Martha said...

This is so adorably sweet, Lai-Yoke!

Monika Reeck said...

yay another winner card..too cuuteee...cute star cute scene and cute color combo..cute sentiment too..CUUTEE card Lai Yoke...congrats on your win..you deserve it..hugs, Monika