Friday, 6 February 2015

Sugar Pea Designs #19

Happy Friday!  I have another card to share today for Sugar Pea Designs.  As I don't have any Sugar Pea stamps, I used the set from Taylored Expressions Party Monsters-love those littles monsters.

When I was doing the background, I had to think of graffiti on the walls - I don't know why but somehow I was inspired by it.  The background is stamped with MFT Abstract Art in two different colours and the sentiment is also from TE Party Monsters set.  Thereafter, I embossed the bricks and love how it turned out.

Added two vellum banners and I can't resist making another shaker card and this time with a stamped sentiment on the background. I have been wanting to use this giant googly eye for a long time!

I am also popping this into Seize the Birthday challenge.



Today, my 14 years old daughter, Claire left for her one week student exchange in Madrid, Spain.  She will be staying with a spanish family who has a daughter of the same age who is a stranger to her and us as well.  The only time that the spanish family has contact with Claire was via whatsapp since the last few weeks so as to speak to get to know each other.  This is the first time that she is flying on her own but with her classmates.  It's going to be strange without her for the full week!

Have a good day!


9 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

This card made me laugh! That big goggle eye is like a shaker itself! Oh do I love the details here - the background, that party hat, and way too cool to make the sentiment banner into a shaker! I will pray for your daughter to have a wonderful and safe experience.

Rosemary said...

cute, cute, cute, lai-yoke!! love how you created a shaker with the banner... so clever!! wishing your daughter a great time in spain!!

Greta said...

What a darling, creative card, Lai-Yoke! Hope your daughter has a wonderful experience in Spain!

brenda said...

A totally delightful card as always Lai-Yoke.

Hope your daughter has a good exchange trip, at least it will be warmer there.

Have a good weekend.

B x

Martha said...

OH...what a FUN & cute card, Lai-Yoke!

What a wonderful opportunity for your daughter. (Your week will pass quickly.)

Jessi Fogan said...

What a wonderful experience for your daughter! She'll remember it always :)
Love the graffiti idea - and that monster :)

Cat's sCrap said...

Great design ! I like your choice of colors ! Bravo !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Monika Reeck said...

Oh I hope your daughter will get a good experience and I can feel what you feel cause my son sometimes go to camping with his class and his teacher too for a week and we feel nice cause then Mama and Papa has time to both of us :) WINK

Now about your card I love that big eyes too too cuutee and the hat with that glitter at the top add a nice things and I adore your splatter on that brick like Grafitty at the Berlin wall... did you ever show us the photo of that ..you and your family near Berlin wall? If I am remember good if not I am sorry :)
Cute shaker too with that happy birthday sentiment ..all in here is cute..love this..

Have a great evening Lai Yoke.
Hugs, Monika

Colleen Dietrich said...

What an adorable card, Lai Yoke!

I wish your daughter all the best in her trip to Spain. It is hard as a parent to let them spread their wings, sometimes. :)